Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta advice please: mod 92A1 or go LTT?

Buy the LTT 92 Elite from Langdon Tactical

Buy the LTT 92 Elite and don't look back.

In case you haven't seen it here's Earnest's explanation of what goes into the LTT. 92 Elite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUp6gOEOCCI

The radiused trigger guard and the Vertec slide with the dovetail front sight and the front cocking serrations make the LTT more than just a collection of custom parts. You could spend a lot of money adding parts to an ordinary 92, and you still won't have an LTT. I made that mistake trying to "trick out" my full sized PX4. By the time I was done, I could have bought a PX4 Carry from Langdon Tactical with a trigger job and had some money left over. And you can't beat Langdon Tactical's customer service. Aimee Landgon is the best.

Unlce Jed
    Last edited by Uncle_Jed; 01-09-2019 at 07:00 PM.

I think the LTT92 frame radius is a big deal, the sights are excellent, and Ernest's trigger job is magical.

I'm sure you can get the 92A1 within striking distance of the LTT92 by upgrading parts, but by the time you're done you'll be wishing you just bought the LTT92 to begin with.

Pizza guns are addictive.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Another recommendation for the trigger that Ernest does. I took my Beretta with a Langdon Level 2 trigger job to the range Sunday. I was shooting with @Jackdog and another friend.

I had a Smith Model 27 no-dash 5" to play with. A glorious N-frame .357 that had been tuned by the S&W custom shop folks about 20 years ago. And the gun everyone kept coming back to was the Langdon-tuned Vertec.

Police refer to things like that as "clues".

Give Ernest your money. I honestly think you will not regret it.

One of these days I'm going to scrape together the dough and spring for a fully loaded LTT Elite with all the bells and whistles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Another thumbs up for Langdon Tactical and the LTT, from someone who also owns both a WC Brig Tac and a Cen Tac, both with the action tune.

LTT, no question.

these days, my gun fund does not flow like it used to.

I have to be cautious with something I have never held in my hands.

I bought an M9A1 a few years back...the frame cut me, so I sold it.

I have always wanted a Beretta 92 variant and decided to pull the plug on a LTT with a trigger job.

I wanted the full boat but the $ were not there. I am completely satisfied with this package. Also, with the minor blending....I did not get cut by the frame as from the M9A1.

A+ on LTT and Beretta.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 01-09-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

I will add a vote for the LTT. Something no one else has mentioned are the differences between the 92A1 and the M9A1/Vertec. The 92A1 has different parts won't fit in many holsters made for the M9A1. So your aftermarket support is limited.

I'll add something else from my personal experience. I have an LTT with a trigger job and a 92fs with a lot of work in it. I've done a lot to the 92, but I got the gun for a very good price so I'm still pretty good on the price. I've done the trigger job in a bag, Wilson mag release, etc., and even found a Vertec slide and 4.7" barrel. I do not have the skills to smooth the gun and bring it to LTT standards. I'm probably 80% or a little more, but it still isn't LTT quality. Way better than stock, but not LTT. My point is this. Unless you have the knowledge and skills to do the polishing and fitting necessary to equal the LTT, you won't be able to do it. And you'll spend a lot. Unless you WANT to play with the 92A1 and see how much you can do and stretch your skills, I think the LTT will look like a bargain at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    So, after I posted this thread I did a bunch more reading of older threads here and on the LTT site.

I didn't understand that the trigger work was an upgrade of $165. I thought it was included in the $999 base gun.

With that knowledge and what I have into this 92A1, and what it already has done to it, it seems like an easy decision to just stick with it and upgrade sights now, and maybe trigger later.

Remaining questions:

1. What sight combo will give me tops of blades at 25yds POA=POI? Will the WC Tritium (.173 high) paired with the Les Pep .305 rear do it?
    2. Upgrading to steel guide rod seems like a good idea. WC fluted?
    3. How much does the WC short reach trigger shorten the pull? Good upgrade over the factory polymer unit?

I think that's it. The frame melt, barrel length, and lanyard loop don't matter to me at this point.

ETA: I didn't/don't mean to take anything away from Mr. Langdon and all the work he's done to bring Beretta greatness to the masses. I assumed buying from a dealer on GB would net him the same $$ since the gun still has his name on it.
    I'm borrowing this from @Tamara blog, specifically something she wrote in reference to her Ruger P89 test. Here it is, "the best mod you can make is two cases of ammo."

That'll tell you a lot about what you like and don't like about the 92. I love my LTT. I really do. I've also got other 92's that have been modded pretty similar to what you already have, including a 92A1 that is almost identical to the one you have. I still shoot those guns plenty. The LTT package is awesome. A carefully done job on a good base gun is awesome too.

So I'd leave it as is for now, shoot two cases of ammo through it, and then think about what you want to do. I'd leave the trigger with just the D spring for now, honestly. If you really want to upgrade it at a reduced cost, the Wilson 14# spring gives good results for a very reasonable cost. I like the pepperoni sights. Dawson makes good fiber fronts that I like a little better than the Wilson fronts. You can make those upgrades for less than $100.

Holsters are a little bit of trouble for the 92A1, but Keepers Concealment and JM Custom Kydex make 92A1 holsters.

Now if after that two cases of ammo you really like the 92, go ahead and grab that LTT and have the 92A1 for a backup/trainer. It'll still be a good gun even with the LTT in the safe beside it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Sights...
    I think I had a dimensions regarding the sights here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post463442

I'm sorry the pictures disappeared... I'll see if I can't do something with that later...

User Tag List