Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta advice please: mod 92A1 or go LTT?

I wondered about the 92A1 as well, after ordering an LTT. What I didn't realize was how it didn't work (swapable) with other 92's (I have an Inox 92 that I am thinking of TJIAB). After learning it is a 96 sized gun, that is 9mm, my thoughts were then why would I not just get a 96A1 (isn't it going to take different holsters, etc).

I did buy a LTT and am considering selling my all Inox 92 and just recoating a LTT instead, if I want something that looks stainless like. The frame is that much better around the trigger for a range gun to me.
    Now the PX4, still feels like a better carry gun to me (weight, shape/roundness, grip, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    I wondered about the 92A1 as well, after ordering an LTT. What I didn't realize was how it didn't work (swapable) with other 92's (I have an Inox 92 that I am thinking of TJIAB). After learning it is a 96 sized gun, that is 9mm, my thoughts were then why would I not just get a 96A1 (isn't it going to take different holsters, etc).

I did buy a LTT and am considering selling my all Inox 92 and just recoating a LTT instead, if I want something that looks stainless like. The frame is that much better around the trigger for a range gun to me.
    Now the PX4, still feels like a better carry gun to me (weight, shape/roundness, grip, etc)
    The trigger parts in the 92A1 are the same as all other 92's. So are most of the parts in it actually. The slide won't go on a frame that isn't a 92A1.

It also isn't a "96 sized gun." It has the same external dimensions as all other 92's, except one part of the slide. That part is the part of the slide where the recoil spring guide rod passes through. That area is larger on the 92A1 than other 92's. That is also what causes holster fit issues, as well as making it where the 92A1 slide won't go on a non 92A1 frame.

What leather holsters are you guys rocking for these Elite LTTs? I believe Milt Sparks has a VM2 for the Brigadier Tactical. Will that work for an Elite LTT as well? Any other good options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    What leather holsters are you guys rocking for these Elite LTTs? I believe Milt Sparks has a VM2 for the Brigadier Tactical. Will that work for an Elite LTT as well? Any other good options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the VM2 for the BrigTac, but haven't bought leather for the LTT (the LTT is not a good fit for the BrigTac VM2). Langdon Tactical has some Milt Sparks leather for the LTT in-stock.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Wilson Combat Low Profile

WC offers a few leather holsters for Beretta 92s, including this one:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Lo-Prof...info/LP4BLR15/

I have the Low Profile II, a bit fancier, and it is very nice.

Thanks guys. I actually used to have a VM2 for the Brig Tac and am carrying one now for the 92G CC. I like it for this compact, but since the Brig Tac is a bigger gun and the VM2 sits a little high, it didn't work out.

Question - what dimensions are different between the Brig Tac and Elite LTT? I see the "bulge" on both sides of the Brig Tac slide, but is it also literally thicker than a standard Beretta slide? I never understood this. I guess I need to go put my Brig Tac side-by-side with my compact. Where will I be able to see the difference (obviously length of barrel and slide, but I mean as far as seeing where the Brig Tac slide is beefier)?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Site Supporter
    I have 2 LTT’s. I wholeheartedly agree with the others that suggest purchasing from Langdon Tech. You get Ernest’s expertise with the pistol & Aimee’s talent for dealing with the customer. During my first purchase after paying I found out that I needed to be hospitalized for a serious operation. I contacted Langdon Tech & Aimee held the pistol, shipped it after I left the hospital all with the warmth & care of an individual that cared about her customer service & her business reputation. In addition both pistols are excellent examples of what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    2. Upgrading to steel guide rod seems like a good idea. WC fluted?
    I dropped one of those into a commercial M9 as a replacement for the stock polymer guide rod. I am not in tune with the gun enough to notice any significant difference in the added weight affecting how the gun handles.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    3. How much does the WC short reach trigger shorten the pull? Good upgrade over the factory polymer unit?
    I prefer the feel of a steel trigger to a the polymer unit, but I strongly dislike the short reach trigger. I wear size large gloves. The reduced trigger reach in DA was nice, but I felt as though the trigger reach in SA became too short. I think this one is very dependent on hand size, with it being a benefit for those who wear medium or smaller gloves.

OP

On Black Friday LTT did free trigger jobs for new LTT Elite purchases, but for $165 to have Ernest work on your pistol, that's a big value already.
    Last edited by TX_Southpaw; 01-16-2019 at 02:17 PM.

User Tag List