Thread: Gen 3 new production

Gen 3 new production

I’ve heard conflicting info. I hear that Glock is still making gen 3s but with 10 round mags only. Makes sense because California. Is this true? Are they making in Austria or the USA only?

Yes, Glock is still making Gen 3's. And yes, I see them regularly for sale, brand new, in CA.

I have two G19s, purchased on the last 2-3 years, and both say "Made in Austria".

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I’ve heard conflicting info. I hear that Glock is still making gen 3s but with 10 round mags only. Makes sense because California. Is this true? Are they making in Austria or the USA only?
    Only Made in Austria models are allowed on the California roster.

I handled a gen 3 19 made in USA Today and the trigger was so good. I’ve been thinking that my G45 trigger is a great glock trigger. The gen 5s still cant beat a good gen 3. Lighter and crisper.

Gen 3’s outside of Cali can still be ordered by local gun shops but the price is about the same as a Gen 4. I love my old gen 3 and want to get a spare/back up but they come with 10 round mags. Probably just buy a Gen 5 when the time comes.

I was just on the Glock website and they show Gen 3, 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    I handled a gen 3 19 made in USA Today and the trigger was so good. I’ve been thinking that my G45 trigger is a great glock trigger. The gen 5s still cant beat a good gen 3. Lighter and crisper.
    The original Gen2/3 before the dogleg triggerbars were even better.

Site Supporter
    For a second there I thought we were talking about Smith & Wessons...

Sigh.

Last edited by MattyD380; 01-16-2019 at 01:03 AM.

User Tag List