Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1911/ safety ‘shelf’

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Not really the same
    Making something functional with kydex is quite simple...making it look good is a different story
    I was referring to the function of the holster. Heating it up and changing things while retaining everything else is not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    JS GLOCK 34, thanks. Just what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I was referring to the function of the holster. Heating it up and changing things while retaining everything else is not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The part you would be heating is easy to isolate and is far away from the parts of the holster that have to do with retwntion

I had ordered this from jm and it came with the shelf
    Attachment 34227

Fits the wilson safety well. I like it and have a similar holster without it. The latter can be used for uspsa.

Site Supporter
    My JMCK AIWB holsters with full guard work nicely as is. When holstering a pistol with a modern extended thumb safety the holster will actually cause the safety to move to the ON position. The only reason I know is that I've tested it intentionally. With a Colt teardrop safety it doesn't always force the safety on, but I'm pretty sure it would prevent the safety from becoming disengaged while holstered. I've never neglected to safe my gun before holstering, but it's a nice feature to have.

User Tag List