Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

As a long time user of the Glock 19 (Gen 2 & 3) I'm interested in seeing the results of the Gen 4 G17.

I've read a few places that there were some initial growing pains when the Gen 4 was released and that a considerable amount of malfunctions followed. Has Glock released different iterations of the 4th Gen to address these problems? If so is it possible to determine which iteration this is, possibly using S/N? I look forward to reading the results.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    Has Glock released different iterations of the 4th Gen to address these problems? If so is it possible to determine which iteration this is, possibly using S/N? I look forward to reading the results.
    Early 9mm Gen4 guns were shipping with the same recoil spring set up as the .40 guns, which caused problems with light loads. Newer guns are shipping with a lighter recoil spring. They're stamped with different part numbers, making it pretty easy to distinguish.

That said, Todd's G19 had problems other than the recoil spring or assembly, so it's possible there are still other demons to be found and sorted out.

Site Supporter
    There are also a lot of Gen 4 17s without the counterbored guide rod recess.

We are diminished
    My guess is that the 17-4 I bought is relatively new and will have the recess in the spring box (or whatever Glock calls that area of the slide). If not, Glock also has a new guide rod assembly that is specifically meant to address the issues with the slides that lack the recess.

So...what was the significance of 10:13 am, per the original post?

-SC

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It signifies that Todd is a dork.
    The "Smoking Man" will be hunting you now!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

does tomorrows test get posted at 10:13 as well?

We are diminished
    10:13pm, maybe.

I pick up the gun at 9am. Hope to be at the range by 10am. I've got a lunch meeting around noon and then back to the range until 3:30pm or so. It all depends on whether I get a chance to write it all up before dinner.

c'mon jam on round 10

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    10:13pm, maybe.

I pick up the gun at 9am. Hope to be at the range by 10am. I've got a lunch meeting around noon and then back to the range until 3:30pm or so. It all depends on whether I get a chance to write it all up before dinner.

Are you going to put all the "stuff" Sights, trigger ect on it before you start the test? or have you already done that?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List