Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Todd Jarrett teach the trigger slap as far as I know. I think this works with an highly tuned Para USA or any other single action system.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

Let's keep this thread on track and focused, please.

OK...since I helped derail, I will help get it back on track.

Not having handled a G4 yet, has anyone found the interchangeable backstraps to be a benefit for those of us with stubby fingers? It doesn't look like they did much to slim it down...looks more like a benefit for those with bigger hands.

I know ToddG is proportioned more like me, so it will be interesting to get his feedback on that aspect of this year's gun after he gets some rounds through it.

Last friday at IWA/Nuernberg (Gun/Outdoor Show) I had the chance to finger f..k a Gen4 at the Glock booth. I had a nice chat with one of their representatives and he told me the following:
    Gen 4 without a backstrap : distance from grip end to the trigger is around 0,118 inch shorter

Gen 4 with the medium strap is similar to the Gen 3

According to this, it could maybe benefit your grip.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

On Todd G's ability with previous firearms and the current one, I think we have to realize that he is shooting 50,000-100,000 rounds a year (give or take a few thousand). He is going to improve every year I think. The mechanics may effect him somewhat, but let's be honest, can you tell the difference between a 4.10 FAST versus a 4.60 FAST? In competition we all can because we watch it on replays, but in real life, I think I would have a hard time telling which one he is faster with if there was no timer present. I would also venture to guess that how he feels (mentally and physically) play a larger role in how he performs on any given drill.

I knew a firearm instructor that once told me that he could shoot anything well. I gave him a SIG P210-5 (the competition variant) and he was pretty good, put holes all over the paper (like a shotgun). I don't think Todd (or a lot of other guys on this forum) are like that.

However, I do think Todd will improve his times on all the various drills because he is simply getting better each year (if the Glock can keep running that is)
    Last edited by Chipster; 03-13-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added comment

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Last friday at IWA/Nuernberg (Gun/Outdoor Show) I had the chance to finger f..k a Gen4 at the Glock booth. I had a nice chat with one of their representatives and he told me the following:
    Gen 4 without a backstrap : distance from grip end to the trigger is around 0,118 inch shorter

Gen 4 with the medium strap is similar to the Gen 3

According to this, it could maybe benefit your grip.
    I believe I've heard that Glock specifies Gen4 with no backstrap as being -2mm in size.

Site Supporter
    I called it!

I said either a Glock 19 or 17 Gen 4. (Frankly... it was kind of obvious, HK doesn't have a new pistol out yet. S&W doesn't either, and the Glock's... Gen 4's are bobbling... they've changed the system, they've pointed the finger at shooters, they've pointed the finger at the springs, they've changed the design... Gen 3 9mm's are great, I think Gen 4's .40 S&W from what I hear are great, but frankly, I think they need two different spring systems, I don't know if they changed them or not yet, but, anyway, we shall see.)

What I didn't predict was him paying for it out of pocket.

Frankly, I think this test *needs* to be done.

I like that he bought it out of a local gun store instead of them selecting the pistol they wanted to send him.

I intently wait for his review on the Ameri-glo I-Dots, between Warren's, Heinie's and Ameri-Glo's, there are some great sights out there for 2-dot sights.

Thanks for doing this Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I called it!

I said either a Glock 19 or 17 Gen 4.
    Yes but I called it with mind-numbing, earth-shattering, pulse-quickening, Charlie Sheen-like accuracy. Behold my greatness:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ull=1#post2424

I think the gun will self destruct in the case, before Todd even gets it to the range. I think shortly after Todd will develop rickets and become a piano teacher for the blind.

nah, but I am waiting for an estimate on how many rounds Todd intends to throw through this beast. 100,000k in 10 months would be awesome.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yes but I called it with mind-numbing, earth-shattering, pulse-quickening, Charlie Sheen-like accuracy. Behold my greatness:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ull=1#post2424

He's just scurred of the good ol' 19-elemum and veherenable .45 Ace-See-Pee.

Cain't get mech behter 'ahn that grip angul and trigger that breaks lahk a glass rawd.

(<-- 1911 owner and Southerner, before the sand starts flying)

User Tag List