Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Well...when you're driving the X6M the skill really is in the box. Seriously. Ray Charles could hustle that thing around a track. Turning off the Teutonic nanny in the machine can be done, but you can almost feel the "NEINNEINNEINNEINNEIN!!!!!!" disturbance in the force when you do it.

...but on the plus side, you can find out how religious the person in the passenger's seat really is.
    Thanks! The thread had gone quiet for a spell and I feared it would fade into history.

Why are Gen 4 grip inserts a crappy design; and yet the GFA method of attachment is apparently not?
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 07-31-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    HK fanbois and girlz are the worst, by far.

They're worse than flag-waving 1911 yayhoos who mumble quotes from Jeff Cooper in their sleep, celebrate JMB's birthday every year (it's the day before mine, in case you were wondering,) and make goofy cracks like "If it was good enough for Sergeant York, it's good enough for me!"

They're worse than guys who show up at GSSF matches wearing Glock hats, Glock shirts, a Glock windbreaker, and getting their Glock pistol in its Glock gun rug out of the Glock range bag that was in the back of their SUV with the Glock sticker on the back window and when they reach in to get it, you can see the big "G" logo tattooed on their arm. (Back in the early days of Win 95, I had a Glock desktop theme. Complete with .wav files of Tommy Lee Jones from US Marshals.)

HK owners are like BMW drivers. They think that by buying some mass-produced piece of Teutonic consumer goods, they have demonstrated, not only their discerning taste and refinement, but also their superior skill as an operator of said consumer good, because the skill comes in the box with the gun. P7 owners are tied with Mk23 owners as the pinnacles of the breed. (I actually cried when financial reasons compelled me to sell my first P7...)
    Hell hatf no fanboy like a Dan Wesson fanboy.

JHC, I assume you are referencing the following comments you made:

"DocGKR said widely the Gen 4 Glocks grip insert is cheesy and potentially DANGEROUS. The chorus belts out hosannas. Then he says the Grip Force Adaptor is an outstanding aftermarket gizmo altlhough it attaches exactly like the Gen 4 parts. And nobody seems to notice but they'll smash somebody else as a koolaid drinker."
    IIRC, my original negative statements regarding the Gen 4 Glock grip inserts were made in 2010 based on several grip failures that occurred during two large west coast LE agency gen 4 Glock trials--numerous other problems with the 4th gen Glocks were also discovered and reported. These failures were objective findings in the trial, not a personal opinion. Likewise, when the GFA was introduced, they were also tested before being approved for duty use. While having a similar attachment, in the case of the GFA's, there were no failures during the trial. Since being approved for duty use, several hundred GFA's have been on the street this year, with no failures to date.

I am quite confused by your remarks. How is reporting the results of objective trials from more than one large LE agency "drinking koolaid"? If you had any questions or concerns about my comments, instead of making anonymous internet statements, why not just contact me directly?

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    Hell hatf no fanboy like a Dan Wesson fanboy.
    As an owner of two of them with multiple breakages (I guess you aren't really supposed to shoot them?) I questioned their quality once on a 1911 forum and was immediately beat down by the COTEP* hoard.

*Church of The Enlightened Pistolero. Started by a Mr. Severns who knows little about reliability.
    Last edited by SecondsCount; 07-31-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: wrong button
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    As an owner of two of them with multiple breakages (I guess you aren't really supposed to shoot them?) I questioned their quality once on a 1911 forum and was immediately beat down by the COTEP* hoard.

*Church of The Enlightened Pistolero. Started by a Mr. Severns who knows little about reliability.
    Didn't you know? Your Wesson is as good as my Wilson! Maybe better! And at 1/3 the cost!

Question: "I'm trying to decide between a CQB and a Pro."
    DWFB Answer: "Get a VBOB or a Valor."

Seriously, these guys are worse than HK guys. At least HK somewhat lives up to the hype.

As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't beat sense into a fanboy with a hammer.

As for DW forums - I don't go slumming that often.

User Tag List