Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Todd, in a course of your P30 test you proved several dogmas (importance of reset length and low bore axis) wrong by consistent high performance and achievement of a personal best F.A.S.T.

My prediction is that you'll better your time with G17. Assuming for a second that my prediction is correct, would it be supporting a case that above dogmas aren't really dogmas?

Out of curiosity Todd, what are your F.A.S.T. records with each gun or any gun for that matter?

Todd,

You say a ridiculous amount of ammo is on the way from ATK, so is that More than 50K?
    and what carry ammo do you plan to run in it?
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I was one of the Gen4 G17 early adopters. Mine ran like crap until the 300 rd mark and then all of a sudden settled down and ran great.
    as was I.

except mine always ran well, and still does. and I even am still using the original now recalled spring! just haven't gotten around to getting glock to send me a new one..

though I only have about 1100 rounds through it. I bet todd matches that the first week
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Well yay for me...I'll be at an AFHF class in a few weeks, and among other things looking for TLG's advice on AIWB carrying a Glock. I just got a Gen 3 G17 to go with my 19; bet it would fit in Todd's new holster....just sayin'

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My prediction is that you'll better your time with G17. Assuming for a second that my prediction is correct, would it be supporting a case that above dogmas aren't really dogmas?
    Why? The test gun before the P30 had a low bore axis and short reset. I'm not doubting that Todd may break some of his personal bests with this year's test gun, only questioning whether that would prove disprove/prove any dogmas. I'm sure Todd, like everyone else who practices on a regular basis, hopes that he shoots better this year than two years ago. But, I think that any improvements should be attributed to Todd's hard work, not changing pistols.

Yes, certainly, Josh, your point is well taken. In the same vein, though, it is at least theoretically possible that Todd's times are better with P30 over MP because of Todd's skill progression and not because bore axis and reset are meaningless.

I guess a way to decide if it is getting to put close to 100k rounds down the pipe that improved his FAST times would be to go back to an M&P9 and see what his times today are compared to his best time with that gun prior. If he blows away his P30 times right out of the gate, well then maybe there is something to the low bore axis thing.

Not sure of the reset length on the M&P, but I don't think the reset length is a factor unless the shooter makes it one. Rob Leatham is a trigger slapper, he doesn't ride the face of the trigger (it prevents short stroking). He comes completely off the face of the trigger for every shot and I have yet to hear anyone tell him he is slow Less take up is nice, but I don't know that it factors into the grand scheme of things the way some would have us believe.

To add to the derail, I believe Todd Jarrett is another who comes completely off the trigger, for whatever its worth.

Maybe someone should start a thread?

/derail
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    Maybe someone should start a thread?

/derail
    Good idea.

User Tag List