Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

OK those who get bored shooting the blazes out of their Glocks - how about MEAT's Glockworx G20? Huh huh? Stir the passions a little?

Kidding. If it comes down to the inaminate objects "soul" vs being about the shooters skill development and performance, prob most modern striker fired guns are gonna fall a little short.

Amazing direction for a PF thread. I think the SA 1911 9mms are having an unexpected affect.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    If it comes down to the inaminate objects "soul" vs being about the shooters skill development and performance, prob most modern striker fired guns are gonna fall a little short.
    There's nothing about "soul" in this from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There's nothing about "soul" in this from my perspective.
    Right it was joyless. But "soul" is used heavily not in a literal metaphysical sense but about other feelings a gun can evoke. I'm certainly guilty of describing the "soul" of a well and long used 1911 or weathered pre-64 Win 94 etc which carry not just the material but all the experiences owners/shooters have had with said firearm. Wood and steel carefully machined and fitted into a fine firearm seem to have different hooks on many shooters emotions than snap together lego polymer wonders which I am so fond of. I've suffered the loss of a "favorite" Glock and I got over the loss in about 2 minutes and turned to the next one in the battery.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    We're still talking about different things. My car doesn't have a "soul" compared to, say, a 4cyl Honda Accord. I simply enjoy driving my car a lot more. But if all I had was the Accord and I needed to drive to work each day, I'd drive that.

We're still talking about different things. My car doesn't have a "soul" compared to, say, a 4cyl Honda Accord. I simply enjoy driving my car a lot more. But if all I had was the Accord and I needed to drive to work each day, I'd drive that.
    Yes but what if you drove the accord faster than your car?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    Yes but what if you drove the accord faster than your car?
    Then I'd enjoy it more, right?

I'm done.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    How about watches? Do watches have, for lack of a more precise term, "soul"?

(ETA: ...and I'll agree that, whatever the precise quality we're discussing here, it's a pretty meta thing. I'll go to the range with the Glock or M&P because it's time to go shoot, and getting better at shooting is fun but I've never picked one up and fondled it just 'cause it was there, whereas I can't walk past my CCA 1911 or my old S&W Model 27-2 without wanting to pick it up and take a sight picture on the wall... Is it the same thing that makes some people use fountain pens instead of ballpoints, or this latest fad where dudes get their shaving suds from someplace other than a can.)
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    How about watches? Do watches have, for lack of a more precise term, "soul"?
    Only watches that cost as much as a "good" 1911
    #RESIST

So a watch needs to cost around $850?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List