Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Todd, are you still carrying the pistol?
    No. Just for now -- until I get a chance to send it back to Glock for evaluation -- I'm carrying my backup. I'd send the gun back right away but wanted it for AFHS this weekend. I can't really blame Glock for that so the temporary switch to the backup for carry is on me, not them (or the test gun).

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    No. Just for now -- until I get a chance to send it back to Glock for evaluation -- I'm carrying my backup. I'd send the gun back right away but wanted it for AFHS this weekend. I can't really blame Glock for that so the temporary switch to the backup for carry is on me, not them (or the test gun).
    Do you think one of these days you might put up something about your experience and impressions of and the performance of the Gen 4 G26 you got for those deeper concealment times?

I am pretty surprised how close the little gun can run with the mid and full size models.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Do you think one of these days you might put up something about your experience and impressions of and the performance of the Gen 4 G26 you got for those deeper concealment times?
    I simply don't shoot it (or carry it) enough to give what I consider to be worthwhile information and opinions about it. In general, my thoughts mirror yours. They're extremely capable little guns and give up very little to their G19 and G17 cousins when it comes to shootability. The one caveat is that I haven't found the same to be true in the other calibers: the G27 and G33 are substantially more challenging to shoot well at speed than the mid- and full-size variants in .40 and 357, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I simply don't shoot it (or carry it) enough to give what I consider to be worthwhile information and opinions about it. In general, my thoughts mirror yours. They're extremely capable little guns and give up very little to their G19 and G17 cousins when it comes to shootability. The one caveat is that I haven't found the same to be true in the other calibers: the G27 and G33 are substantially more challenging to shoot well at speed than the mid- and full-size variants in .40 and 357, respectively.
    Got it, thanks. Before I standardized on 9mm I carried and shot a G27 a good bit and it was a handful. A 200 round range trip left me with tremors in my strong hand exactly like a hard heavy bag workout would. That can't be good long term.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Update on breechface wear:

After seeing photos of the wear, two knowledgeable people at Glock both said they feel the gun is fine and suitable for both practice and carry. The suggestion was to monitor the wear and if it began to spread around the striker hole in a circle pattern that would be a clue to cease use.

My plan right now is to put another 4k through the gun to get it to 75k. If it's still functioning well at that point, I'll simply retire it when the Springfield 1911s come in.

Seems like the prevailing Internet gun forum lore says glocks (at least the frame and the slide) easily last to 150k and beyond.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

We are diminished

71,260 rounds 19 stoppages 0 malfunctions 3 parts breakages

Julie G. told Susan that she retired her competition Glocks at 70,000 rounds.

I have a Gen 2 with around 100,000 rounds that has a circle of erosion on the breech face. It's just a back up gun now.

Bill

Glock will generally replace the worn out slide on a high round count gun, right?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Glock will generally replace the worn out slide on a high round count gun, right?
    They replaced the slide on a rental 32 without a complaint when I sent it in after it had cracked clean through below the ejection port.

(I'm not sure how many rounds it had on it, it may have been just because it was a 32. )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List