Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Also, I did something crazy before going to the range today: I cleaned the test gun. It had gone 14,786 rounds since the last cleaning. I detail stripped the gun, cleaned everything thoroughly, performed an overdue spring replacement, and inspected all of the parts. There is surprisingly little wear internally.
    And here I have friends calling me crazy because I posted some pictures of my M&P with 1400 rounds worth of carbon build up on it... :P

We are diminished
    Month 15 has been posted, including photos of the erosion I discovered on the breechface:

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Interesting.

I don't know much about this, but it is my understanding that erosion is an ammo related issue. Could this possibly have been caused by the high number of alluminum cased rounds you put through the gun? I know you used that ammo on previous tests, but perhaps it is a QC thing?
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

We are diminished
    It's the same exact ammo I used for the majority of the M&P and P30 tests, and will be the ammo I'm using for the 1911 test. Combined with similar reports from other Glock shooters I'm not willing to blame the ammo alone.

There is no doubt that some Glock fans will do so, though.

I am not sure what the aluminum case ammo would do differently here to cause erosion. I blame gun, the other pics I have seen of this have been Glock only.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Impossible, glocks are perfect. But interesting anyhow. I just seems to me like the primer pocket, or whatever you call it, would be the culprit. Perhaps its the "unsupported" chamber of glocks allowing for miniscule case expansion during firing which in turn allows for gas to escape around the primer. The world may never know.

Edited to add: I have seen a lot of glock instances of this, but over on enos forums it seems people have run into it on 1911s and other models as well. I am very new to this and I am not trying to save one brand's name over another, as much as I joke I have no real investment in any brand. I was just attempting to gain knowledge.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

I am sure they will replace it for free making it a moot point and those wanting to whine about it or hold it against Glocks for some strange reason should first show proof of purchase of 40,000 rounds of ammo.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It's the same exact ammo I used for the majority of the M&P and P30 tests, and will be the ammo I'm using for the 1911 test. Combined with similar reports from other Glock shooters I'm not willing to blame the ammo alone.

There is no doubt that some Glock fans will do so, though.
    Todd when you have heard or seen the other reports of this happening, was it with gen 4 Glocks specifically or is it sporatic and across with the different generations.

Thanks

We are diminished
    They've primarily been guns of relatively recent vintage but not necessarily gen4.

User Tag List