Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

We are diminished
    I'm using the equivalent (LW3.5) with the stock trigger spring in my endurance test gun, which is my carry gun. It gives me just a bit over 5# trigger pull which is my threshold. I was talking to vcdgrips after first shooting with the LW3.5 before I got a chance to weigh the pull and expounded on the different ways I might be able to increase the trigger pull because it felt too light.

Like anything else, it's a compromise. There is no getting around this simple rule: The easier a gun is to shoot, the easier it is to shoot accidentally.

Todd,
    Are you going to try the NY1 with the LWD "-" connector? I'm a big fan of the "easy eight" combo in my gen 3s and your problems with making that work in your gen4 are keeping me away from them more than any of the other problems.

I personally have problems managing the 3.5 connector because it's too light. Maybe my trigger finger just isn't dialed in enough but I can crash right through it when I'm taking out the slack or prepping during recoil. Adding the NY1 spring made it much more manageable.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Are you going to try the NY1 with the LWD "-" connector?
    It was the first thing I tried when I installed the LW3.5 and didn't like it. There was a perceived significant increase in reset length which may have just been the heavy spring pushing past the actual reset point, and the overall weight was much more fatiguing to my finger. But I very much like the concept -- especially the idea of a spring trying to prevent the gun from firing, as opposed to the regular trigger spring which is constantly trying to make the gun go off! -- and may give it another go.

When I went from the 3.5 to the NY1 3.5 combo I felt the same thing about the reset point but after a good range session it felt normal to me. If you decide to play with that some more I'll be very interested to hear about what you discover, I'd really like to get the same gen 3 NY1 3.5 feel in a gen 4 if that's possible - and I'd really like you to do all the leg work for me

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    As long as we're on the topic...

I'm running LWD "-" connectors in all of my Glocks (All gen 3) which have otherwise stock internals. I quite liking them. When I bought my Glock 19 it came with the LWD connector but I thought it was too light and the reset too mushy, swapped it out for a stock connector and never looked back.

I recently re-installed it and really do like it, enough to buy the LWD carry packs for all of my glocks. At first I wanted to like the 3.5 + NY1 Combo but found that the LWD 3.5 by itself really isnt much lighter than the stock connector (on MY glocks, based totally on perception... no trigger gauge here) and the break is much more of a rolling break which is something that I think I prefer. I need much more range time before I finally make up my mind but I am feeling good about it so far, and I have the NY1 springs if I decide it is too light in the future.

We are diminished
    My evaluation will be posted at PTC as part of the weekly endurance test update tomorrow:

Sweet! Looking forward to the review.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    My evaluation will be posted at PTC as part of the weekly endurance test update tomorrow:

Is the rear sight tritum insert or is that more luminova?

Also are the dimensions close to the Ameriglo Hacks?

Because if so I am super tempted to order 3x of those Rears for my existing Ameriglo Hackathorn FSPs....

We are diminished
    The rear is paint only, no tritium.

The sights are shorter than the Hack/idot sights and are not compatible front or rear.

So us the rear a defoor sight with a line painted on it?
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

User Tag List