Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com 2011 Endurance Test Gun

We are diminished
    The gun is bone stock as it came from the factory right now because it's in the hands of the gunshop. When I pick it up tomorrow I'm installing the sights, Vickers slide stop, Glock - connector, and Glock NY1 trigger spring before the shooting begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The gun is bone stock as it came from the factory right now because it's in the hands of the gunshop. When I pick it up tomorrow I'm installing the sights, Vickers slide stop, Glock - connector, and Glock NY1 trigger spring before the shooting begins.
    Sweet!! Ill be looking for a report of the Vickers slide stop!!
    Good luck on this one man!!!!!!! I hope it runs like a top for you!!
    And I see a new FAST record in store for you and the G17.. 3.96 is my guess!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I hope it runs like a top for you!!
    What? Bobbles and falls over after a minute? That's not very nice.

you're gonna put this one together properly right?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    There are also a lot of Gen 4 17s without the counterbored guide rod recess.
    Someone explain this or link me. My gen 4 is a very early model (bought in May of last year) so I assume mine does not have this. I haven't had any issues with my gun, however.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Someone explain this or link me. My gen 4 is a very early model (bought in May of last year) so I assume mine does not have this. I haven't had any issues with my gun, however.
    Fuse I would GUESS yours may not be counterbored then. Check where the front of the recoil spring is inserted into the front of the slide.

If so you will need the correct spring assembly which IIRC is product 8692. If is a G17.

Cool, thanks a lot. I'll be calling Glock I suppose.

As I said I have had no failures with the stock (.40 I assume) spring that came with it. also, I have used this reducing ring and a stock gen3 recoil spring without any issues ( http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx...56838&CAT=3694 --- great product, they are supposedly selling these like hotcakes)

also, around the time I bought it, I read some post by the LAV in which he initially got a gen4 17. he said he didn't have any problems with it (this was when many seemed to be faltering) but he locked the slide back for a week before he shot it. said it helped condition the spring.

now, everything I have read about springs says that shouldn't do anything. the spring will only "get worked", "conditioned", or "broken in" or whatever by storing energy and then releasing that energy, ie, shooting the gun, or racking the slide.

however, he is the LAV, and who I am to question the LAV.

and so it just so happened that I was going out of town for a few days around the time I picked up my gen4 17. and so I locked the slide back and put it back in its case. don't know if it did anything, but as I said, the gun has worked great with my (now recalled) original recoil spring.
    Last edited by fuse; 03-18-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Failures at 62,188,230 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by beastfrog View Post
    Failures at 62,188,230 so far.
    and at 392 until the test was suspended. ouch, cant wait to see the write up.

Interesting. I'm curious to see what recoil spring the pistol has and what the stoppages were.

User Tag List