Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Glockworx G20SF USPSA Limited Build

My Glockworx G20SF USPSA Limited Build

I have posted this on other forums, but I'm new here, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to shamelessly post it again. Here's my copied & pasted posts:

Here's my G20SF USPSA Limited build.

KKM 10mm-40 Barrel
    Sevigny Competition Rear Sight
    Dawson Precision Black .115" x .255" Front Sight
    Zev Tech Speed Feed Magwell
    Zev Tech Extended Mag Release
    Glockworx Standard Stippling
    Finger Groove Removal
    Double Undercut Trigger Guard

I also threw on the LWD G20LS just to see what it would look like.

I got my first chance to shoot the finished product, and to say the least I'm impressed. It was just a quick trip to Barnwood Arms in Ripon, so only slow fire at an indoor range. I put 200rds of my 40 Major reloads through it without a hiccup, and all my mags w/Arredondo extensions functioned flawlessly with 20 + 1. Here are my impressions so far:

1. The stippling is money. It's so good, I'm considering sending ALL my Glocks to Glockworx for the same treatment. It's extremely grippy (if that's even a real word), but not so rough that it chews up my hands. The undercuts & FG removal feel better than any of my other Glocks, and allow me to comfortably get an even higher grip.

2. The G20SF is an awesome platform for a USPSA Limited gun. The larger grip fits my hands perfectly, and distributes the recoil much better than the small frame G22/35. The additional slide mass makes this gun an absolute pleasure to shoot. It's VERY soft shooting, but not so soft that it feels sluggish.

3. The Zev Tech Magwell is awesome. It's so easy to reload, it's like cheating. It also makes my grip nice & snug, which makes aiming much more stable. I know that's the whole point of a magwell, but it's my first gun with one, so its new to me.

4. I initially had the Sevigny Competiton front (.215 x .115). It was impacting higher than POA, so I used Dawson Precisions formula to calculate the sight height needed to have the POA/POI I wanted. Dave Dawson is good, it worked perfectly. The calculation said I needed a .255" high front to correct the issue, and it was DEAD ON. All my other Glocks have the .215" high front, and they work great, but this combo didn't like it. I'm glad I used the DP formula & bought a taller front sight.

5. The Arredondo extensions worked flawlessly. I loaded them each with 20rds (+1) and they cycled several times each without any issues. Some guys have issues with the follower hanging up while loading 20rds, but mine worked great even with 20+1. No mag or follower mods needed in my gun, so I'm a happy camper.

6. The KKM 10-40 barrel was perfect as well. Having them finish ream it to feed long loaded 40 rounds definitely paid off. It ate my 40 reloads @ 1.2" OAL like nothing, and I reload Glocked brass without using a pass-through die.

I can't say enough about KKM, Glockworx & Arredondo. Great companies, great customer service & great products. I can't wait to shoot my first match in Limited class with it!

cool blaster for sure.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I have one of the first Gen 4, Glock 20's for use as protection against critters. I think the G4 is an improvement over a stock 20/20SF as I like the G4 frame texture, mag release, and new RSA for use with heavy loads. It has been very accurate, reliable after I removed the Vickers slide stop which was having premature lock backs with heavy loads, and subjectively feels softer shooting than the G3. Slightly different niche for my 20 than how you use your pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have one of the first Gen 4, Glock 20's for use as protection against critters. I think the G4 is an improvement over a stock 20/20SF as I like the G4 frame texture, mag release, and new RSA for use with heavy loads. It has been very accurate, reliable after I removed the Vickers slide stop which was having premature lock backs with heavy loads, and subjectively feels softer shooting than the G3. Slightly different niche for my 20 than how you use your pistol.
    I built this bad boy for the same reasons you have your GEN 4, (I have 2 G20SF's). My Woods Defense/Hunting handload is a 200gr WFNGC @ 1360fps. I also have a 9x25 Dillon barrel for it, and have a handloaded 90gr XTP that averages 2050fps.

I have a GEN 4 G21, and plan to buy a GEN 4 G20 as soon as they hit the west coast. I agree with all of your impressions of the large frame GEN 4's, but I actually prefer this grip over my GEN 4 G21. It's probably more about the FG removal & undercuts, but I also like the stippling better than the GEN 4 texture (which I would have never thought possible). I love my GEN 4's.

I will be curious if the 200 @1,360 load is reliable, as the Buffalo Bore heavy penetrator load will not run in my G4 20 or multiple other G20/SF pistols.

I will be curious if the 200 @1,360 load is reliable, as the Buffalo Bore heavy penetrator load will not run in my G4 20 or multiple other G20/SF pistols.
    I put about 100rds of 800X load development through my gun (and another 100rds using Longshot & Blue Dot) until I settled on this one. It runs exactly like its supposed to, no problems whatsoever. My G20LS is packing another 4oz of slide mass compared to a factory G20 slide, and I'm running a 22# ISMI spring, so that could be part of the reason.

What do you mean by will not run?

Slide locking back with rounds in the magazine or feeding stoppages. Same with the Wolff guide rod and extra power spring.

Slide locking back with rounds in the magazine or feeding stoppages. Same with the Wolff guide rod and extra power spring.
    That sucks, but I don't care for that round anyway. The $3 per round price tag is ridiculous, and it's just a heavy Lead Truncated Cone bullet. Even though DT's 200gr WFNGC will only get about 1150fps out of a stock G20 (advertised 1300fps), it's still a great woods load. That bullet @ 1150fps is more than enough power for anything a 10mm is big enough to handle. If Underwood ever makes a 200gr WFNGC load, I'd definitely buy some even though I roll my own. I had a similar issue with a Wolff spring/guiderod before I switched to ISMI. The outside diameter of the Wolff is larger, and it was stacking & binding against the bottom of my barrel. I'm guessing you're not thumbing the slide stop, so that's out. What other loads/ammo have you run through it?

I shot a half dozen various loads thru the G20, when I was doing the initial shooting to assess reliability after getting it. For the last few years, I have settled on the Barnes 155 JHP in either DT or Corbon, as my soft point, and the DT 200 FMJ penetrator load as my woods load. Those loads run in every 29 and 20 we have. I wish there was a HST or Ranger soft point for the 10mm.

User Tag List