Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SUV/Truck RFI

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    My favorite color is the cement grey they did on the TRD Pros a few years ago, but that was limited to just that year and I wanted the new features available on the 2019 (sunroof, FOX shocks, premium audio). I like the new Voodoo Blue color a lot too, but its a bit too flashy for me.
    Boring story of the day: Back in 2012 my wife wanted Salsa Red and only Salsa Red with black leather. This combo was hard to find, they all had tan interiors. Well we finally did find one, and we'd probably still have it but six months after paying it off a lady went straight thru a turn lane on me. We both loved the Cement Grey but there were none local and she wasn't keen on buying sight unseen out-of-state, so we got Granite.

A sad day:

Name:  158b779b341018250dd2a631d1597850.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  38.4 KB

I'll be having the same question before too long. Have an extended cab truck but the wife says the back seat is too small for the kids so I need something else once we get some bills paid down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I'll be having the same question before too long. Have an extended cab truck but the wife says the back seat is too small for the kids so I need something else once we get some bills paid down.
    My double cab Tundra has been just fine with my twin 3 year old through the stages of car seats and the like. I can see in a few years it getting tight. My truck is not the primary kid mover due to gas mileage.

Thats one thing that never made any sense, who do small v6 trucks get worse gas mileage than big v8 trucks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Anyone had experience with prior rentals?

Okie John
    Mom and dad recently bought a Dodge Grand Caravan that was a former rental, as did a former coworker, and haven't had any issues beyond what you would expect from a late model Dodge. Most of the guys I work with don't hot rod or dog the hell out of rental cars, we just want to get from the airport to our meetings to dinner to the hotel and back as quickly as possible so we're not out doing stupid crap (though, the last 2-3 trips I've been on for work I never even bothered with a rental, just grabbed an Uber).

On the flip side, if something was a rental car in Indianapolis or Daytona . . . I've heard enough stories to scare me off from those (#becauseracecar). Another company I worked for had some leased minivans in their fleet in lieu of constantly paying for rental cars for everyone coming into town and traveling to other sites and those mf'ers were done like dinner. I think most of them wound up parked before the leases were up because they'd reached their mileage cutoff.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    My favorite color is the cement grey they did on the TRD Pros a few years ago, but that was limited to just that year and I wanted the new features available on the 2019 (sunroof, FOX shocks, premium audio). I like the new Voodoo Blue color a lot too, but its a bit too flashy for me.
    I really liked the Cement and Cavalry Blue they did, but of course they didn't offer the TRD Pro Tundra the year they offered the Cavalry Blue . . . damnit. I really liked the Quicksand TRD Pros (I liked the mojave tan Ram Rebels too) but I fear automatic association as a tactical try hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    One word: WOOT!!!
    Seriously, it is not as refined of a car as a GTI, but it is a lotta fun, and I think there are some bargains out there. FWD will never be as good as RWD, and you live in Florida so it is not the all season advantage it is here in Ohio (my sales territory goes all the way to MN), but it is not all that bad. It tries to do some tricks with selective braking to temper torque steering that I think makes it worse, but there are two tiers of reduced interference, and one tap on a button kills the traction control portion of it and eliminates many of the bad manners, but the bad manners are not all that bad. PM if ya wanna chatter more specifically.
    Thanks for the info. I have heard the gripes about the selective braking making it a pain, but it sounds like there's a workaround. I'm going to look into it a bit more, but you may be getting a PM at some point on them.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Thats one thing that never made any sense, who do small v6 trucks get worse gas mileage than big v8 trucks.
    Because Of the structuring of CAFE. The bulk of GM, Chrysler and Ford’s sales are there truck fleet. They have to develop efficient motors to meet their average efficiency goal. Compact trucks are a blip on the radar, especially for Nissan and Toyota where they have huge car fleets to buffer poor gas mileage.

Basically people still buy them, and .gov isn’t twisting anyone’s arm.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

I just heard from the dealer and my new 4runner should arrive in the next few weeks.
    Nice! You getting a new Pro? I wanted a Pro, but no sunroof option for 2018 (in USA), so I went TRD OR Premium. Use my sunroof constantly.

We love our 4Runner, affectionally nicknamed the 4Funner. It's both a hub and catalyst for a lot of quality family time.

Pic from this evening, shooting with a buddy.

Daddy - Daughter trip to Ocala NF yesterday. Stopped for a "picnic" lunch.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-13-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Nice! You getting a new Pro? I wanted a Pro, but no sunroof option for 2018 (in USA), so I went TRD OR Premium. Use my sunroof constantly.

We love our 4Runner, affectionally nicknamed the 4Funner. It's both a hub and catalyst for a lot of quality family time.

Pic from this evening, shooting with a buddy.

Daddy - Daughter trip to Ocala NF yesterday. Stopped for a "picnic" lunch.
    Yes, 2019 TRD Pro. I was really glad to see they added the sunroof this year. I'm not sure I'll ever really use the Pro to it's full offroad potential, but I like the look better and figured the resale value increase would be a plus.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, 2019 TRD Pro. I was really glad to see they added the sunroof this year. I'm not sure I'll ever really use the Pro to it's full offroad potential, but I like the look better and figured the resale value increase would be a plus.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Nice. While the suspension upgrade is good one, it's only 1" (and front only). The Fox system on the '19 should ride fantastic, with zero shock fade if you ever get speedy through the bumpy stuff. The rest of the Pro package is appearance, but it does look fantastic. IMO, nothing looks better on a T4R than the stock Pro rims. Not sure about that roof rack they decided to throw on top this year, but hey, they come in handy and you'll already have one. I think "Cement" is the coolest color ever, and would have likely bought the Pro if they offered it in '18.

I upgraded my tires within the first month of having it, and ultimately lifted it 2.25" in the front, and 1.5" in the rear. Added the RCI rock sliders (mostly as a step for the Mrs. and kids) and Pro front skid. I'm 16 months in and still as smitten with it as I was on day one. I'm quite sure you're going to love yours. Congrats. Can't wait to see pics. We need a Toyota thread. haha

User Tag List