Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: SUV/Truck RFI

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    so I am leaning toward a Highlander or AWD Sienna (if I can find one).
    How is the room in back comparing Gen 3, Gen 5, Highlander? I am sure the Sienna kills then all in this aspect.
    We have an AWD 2014 Sienna and haul around a bunch of teenagers. Second row is captains chairs with lots of legroom and third row is a 60/40 bench. People in third row have plenty of legroom as long as second row doesn't put their seats clear back. Plus the third row keeps the kids far enough away from each other so they don't "touch" each other.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    When our 4Runner was wrecked we rented a Highlander for a couple weeks. Numbers show it has a bit more front and rear legroom than a 4Runner and it feels like it too in my short experience. Smoother ride also, like other crossover SUV’s the Highlander isn’t built for much more than a bumpy dirt road. Which sounds like it’d be fine for you.

4runner has plenty of room and I’ve ridden in the back seat when we’ve taken my mom places, I’m 6’1 and it’s fine but I don’t think someone my height would want to take a road trip back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel

But, the 5th gen 4Runners look amazing, are amazingly capable and with as long a production run as they have had must surely have the bugs worked out of the platform.

How is the room in back comparing Gen 3, Gen 5, Highlander? I am sure the Sienna kills then all in this aspect.
    I have a limited 5th gen 2018. I’m 5’11 and would easily road trip in the back seat. The limited has all wheel drive which is something I’m learning to now require in all future purchases. It’s so handy it’s hard to put into words.

I recently did an adventure run with 3 adults and a toddler and we had just enough room considering too my wife packs like it’s the apocalypse.

If you want Toyota and additional room then I’d also look at sequoia and if you can swing it , the landcruiser.

You've probably chosen, but I've had two titans (2006 LE, 2014 Pro-4x). Bad gas mileage but solid trucks that for whatever reason have been more comfortable for my wife and I than many others.

They've also been very reliable and the '14 would look great with some aftermarket functional extras you might use like a truckslide or headache rack

Site Supporter
    We have a 2010 highlander that's been very reliable. It's worked well enough to tow our little camper too. I'm 6' and the back seat is fine as long as the front seats aren't way back, but the third row is snug. Also, if you use the third row seat, there's not much room left for luggage.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Get a 4Runner or a Taco and be done with it. That said - I do very much like my wife’s C-RV for times I need a palfrey.

User Tag List