We all know that Remington has had some issues in the past, but still make some great firearms. Few weeks ago, I was at one of my local firearm stores, and noticed he had a Remington RP45, marked really low, like under $300 out the door. I had researched the both the 9mm and the 45acp, just because I like to have information when students ask. I decided, to jump on the pistol, I reasoned if nothing else, it might be a good "student/rental" for classes. I picked it up got home and opened the box, inside: Pistol (covered with oil-which is fine), two 15 round magazines in .45 acp, the lock, owners manual, and two extra back straps. Yes, I did and always do, read the owners manual, then field stripped and cleaned it. It wiped clean with just a smidge of powder burn left in the barrel. Reassembled fine and took to range next day.

At the Range, I of course dry fired it a few times, getting the ergo's down and ensuring magazines fell freely (they did). Next, loaded up the Magazines, getting 14 in each magazine was not an issue, but the last cartridge I needed loading tool (still no biggie). It came with the medium back strap on, so left it as is. I stood at 7 yards, and just got the feel of the pistol's trigger. It ran without any hiccup, and trigger broke very cleanly, which to me felt like a 6# trigger, very little take up and no slop.

I then bared down on the front sight with the next 15 rounds, and printed a very nice baseball size group. No hiccups, no issues. Both mag's dropped clean and easily.

Next, loaded up again. Loaded, ran some accelerated pairs and triples, pistol came right back on target very nicely. Ran few drills and it ran very impressively for the price point. The reset on the trigger didn't take anything to get use to, though not as small as the CZ, but as good as any pistol.

I ended up running over 200 rounds through the pistol, with not one single malfunction, take down and clean up was quick and easy.

Only thing I can see right now, is my old eyes need to change the 3 dot white sights, but blacking the rear out for now will work, until get aftermarket parts made.

Will keep you up dated as the rounds add up.