Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Bank shooting

Louisville Bank shooting

Since the GD thread will undoubtedly go the way of the Nashville thread, I figured I’d start this one so the shit mods here can keep it on track.

Reading the various articles and finding out Ofc Wilt only had 2 weeks on the job made me think of two questions:

1. Does their academy include active shooter training? If so, how much?
    2. Was he still with an FTO and was his FTO one of the others that was injured?

We got any KY cops that can shed some light on at least #1?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Since the GD thread will undoubtedly go the way of the Nashville thread, I figured I’d start this one so the shit mods here can keep it on track.

Reading the various articles and finding out Ofc Wilt only had 2 weeks on the job made me think of two questions:

Can’t speak to those specificly but there was another officer among the injured treated at a hospital.

A radio news broadcast I heard out for lunch today indicated the FTO is alive and is apparently in great anguish over he and the rookie rolling in and the young officer being wounded severely.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Open source is also crediting the FTO with taking out the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    A radio news broadcast I heard out for lunch today indicated the FTO is alive and is apparently in great anguish over he and the rookie rolling in and the young officer being wounded severely.
    I get that. 2 of our last 3 shootings have been by FTOs who had trainees with them at the time of the shooting.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You weren’t kidding. Damn. Hats off to Ofc Galloway.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

1. Yes, unsure the duration.
    2. Yes and yes. His FTO is the one credited with killing the shooter. It was the rookie officer's 3rd or 4th day on the street.

Upon approach, officers could not see in due to window tinting and sunlight, but the shooter had a clear view out. He was waiting for them to arrive. Once he shot the officers, it took a bit to figure out where the shooter was. Later, when the shooter fired again the FTO was able to see in due to glass being shot out. The FTO was able to then engage and kill the shooter with his patrol rifle. The rookie officer was then immediately transported to the Level 1 trauma center, which is less than 2 miles away, by officers loading him into a police car and taking him.

There was no good way to approach the front of that bank. They did it anyway because that's what they had to do.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    There was no good way to approach the front of that bank. They did it anyway because that's what they had to do.
    I've dealt with similar on a particular entry in Miami that stands out. As a DEA co-case agent and I were running to breach a door, a shot rang out but we couldn't figure out where we were taking fire from as no glass shattered and we couldn't see in.

Turned out one of the guys set up on the perimeter shot himself in the leg getting out of his vehicle.

I give a lot of credit to the FTO for getting it done.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List