Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confirmation that safety techniques are ingrained.....

lol

OMG, I know right!! I do it all the time, when I use anything, when done my finger registers. I told my assistant instructor few years back, in advance classes you can watch people in the classroom, and tell if they are experienced, or just have "qualifications". Those that shoot a lot, do it when they do other tasks. The next time, we was teaching a class, afterward he came up laughing, and said "you was right, I knew from the class, before the range, who I had to worry about and who I didn't".

Yep. Vacuums, power tools, pressure washing wands, etc. It's ways worth a laugh when I catch myself or someone else doing it.

I caught my middle son using good trigger finger discipline while loading one of his Nerf guns a day or two ago. He was under a bit of stress because his older brother was also reloading and was about to come looking for him. He had a stronger register, but he relaxed while he asked me "Why are you taking a picture?" I had to take the picture through the tears of pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I do it all the time with drills and spray bottles.
    Same here.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    During my traditional martial arts days, we used unsharpened weapons for safety. The head instructor made it quite clear to us that we were to treat them as though the edges and/or points were sharp, lest we one day train with something that was sharp and fail to treat it appropriately. Nothing wrong with forming good habits and being safe with dangerous stuff, or with non-dangerous stuff that resembles dangerous stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    With power saws especially something like a radial arm saw the 'support hand' is most vulnerable. One must stop and think about the cut they intend to make before starting. Many moons ago shaved off a chunk of skin on the corner of my signaling finger using a block plane on a work piece I was holding. At the time it did not dawn on me that my finger was going to be in the way. I have a radial arm saw and that thing scares the crap out of me. I will not turn it on without fully understanding the cut I am about to make and where the hand not on the saw is located. Just thinking about what that thing could do if used carelessly gives me the heebie-jeebies.
    I got rid of my radial arm saw for just this reason, there's really nothing a RAS can do that can't be done on safer equipment. As to finger going to register with non-firearms, yeah, I catch myself doing it, too. Kind of a pain with my cordless driver, register is right on the reversing switch, I'm constantly driving screws in when I want to take them out . Later.

Dave

I do this too, since I take a variety of trigger actuated devices to people’s faces and jaws, 5 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Crowder doing this with a coffee mug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Dap34PRyY&t=135

User Tag List