Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation that safety techniques are ingrained.....

Talking Confirmation that safety techniques are ingrained.....

Not sure if this light hearted post is suitable for this forum, but I noticed after a few minutes of use that my finger was instinctively going to register every time I stopped vacuuming the floor with my new Dyson.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

LOL, I do the same thing with my cordless drill and also subconsciously never point it at anyone.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    I once caught Mrs. Write doing this on her hair dryer.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

I do it all the time with drills and spray bottles.

Gas pumps as well..
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Gas pumps as well..
    Well duh !!!!

Banned
    Cordless drills tend to have the "Forward/Reverse" right where the magazine release would be on most pistols. I have caught myself trying to remove the battery pack like that several times

I also do this with just about anything with a trigger.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I certainly do it with power tools. There's a total of 4 missing or reattached fingers in the two generations before me due to work place/tool incidents. One pinkie lost to machinery at GE, one thumb joint to farm equipment, and two to a circular saw. Even without firearms habituation, power tools get my respect.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I certainly do it with power tools. There's a total of 4 missing or reattached fingers in the two generations before me due to work place/tool incidents. One pinkie lost to machinery at GE, one thumb joint to farm equipment, and two to a circular saw. Even without firearms habituation, power tools get my respect.
    With power saws especially something like a radial arm saw the 'support hand' is most vulnerable. One must stop and think about the cut they intend to make before starting. Many moons ago shaved off a chunk of skin on the corner of my signaling finger using a block plane on a work piece I was holding. At the time it did not dawn on me that my finger was going to be in the way. I have a radial arm saw and that thing scares the crap out of me. I will not turn it on without fully understanding the cut I am about to make and where the hand not on the saw is located. Just thinking about what that thing could do if used carelessly gives me the heebie-jeebies.

User Tag List