Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M9a1, and my first post

Wink M9a1, and my first post

Hello,

I recently purchased my first Beretta, and in vigorously researching the 92 series during my 10 day Commiefornia waiting period, I found my way here via the 138 page Langdon thread.

In CA, we have an unconstitutional safe handgun roster. And while there are quite a few PB options listed, the majority of them are no longer in production, and hard to find (92GSD).

Anyways, on to my M9a1.

I am in the process of upgrading a few things, as the one I tried out prior to my purchase was underwhelming in a couple areas. Heavy trigger and chunky grips to start.

So far, I have installed D spring, Elite ii hammer, and WC slim grips.

I am going to definitely swap out plastic parts for metal, and I am considering a Vertec slide for sight options, as I am getting older, and my vision is deteriorating accordingly.

Thank you for the knowledge I have found here thus far.

And to those of you with an Elite LTT, I am supremely jealous!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A fine choice. Pizza guns are life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by JWHuey View Post
    Hello,

I recently purchased my first Beretta, and in vigorously researching the 92 series during my 10 day Commiefornia waiting period, I found my way here via the 138 page Langdon thread.

In CA, we have an unconstitutional safe handgun roster. And while there are quite a few PB options listed, the majority of them are no longer in production, and hard to find (92GSD).

Anyways, on to my M9a1.

I am in the process of upgrading a few things, as the one I tried out prior to my purchase was underwhelming in a couple areas. Heavy trigger and chunky grips to start.

So far, I have installed D spring, Elite ii hammer, and WC slim grips.

I am going to definitely swap out plastic parts for metal, and I am considering a Vertec slide for sight options, as I am getting older, and my vision is deteriorating accordingly.

Thank you for the knowledge I have found here thus far.

And to those of you with an Elite LTT, I am supremely jealous!
    I would highly recommend the Wilson beretta trigger, the trigger bow profile is much better in my opinion and reduces the reset by a little bit. Cleaned up my shooting nicely. I would also recommend the Wilson spiral fluted guide rod and spring. If you're changing the trigger you might also want to hit the Trigger return spring while you're at it, you'll have to take it out anyway. Might as well run the Wilson unit to make the install easier and it also cleans up the trigger a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I would highly recommend the Wilson beretta trigger, the trigger bow profile is much better in my opinion and reduces the reset by a little bit. Cleaned up my shooting nicely. I would also recommend the Wilson spiral fluted guide rod and spring. If you're changing the trigger you might also want to hit the Trigger return spring while you're at it, you'll have to take it out anyway. Might as well run the Wilson unit to make the install easier and it also cleans up the trigger a little bit.
    You read my mind. The other thing in my cart is the WC low pro single sided safety.

Vending Machine Operator
    You picked a very nice setup. Implement the Wilson parts suggested here, be precise and generous with lube/grease application, and it will never let you down.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Great first post!

I'm in the process of saving the sheckles for an M9A1 to send into Wilson for custom work as I'm dealing with the same problems as you are in Kalifornia. The M9A1s are just now becoming available again after being scarce due to the MD - TN factory move.

Glad to hear there are some good options left to Kalifornians.

The best money I have spent on my M9a1 has been to buy Langdon's Trigger Job in a bag. It gives me a trigger that is 85-90% of what my LTT that Langdon worked on has. It's an all in one deal so no need to send your pistol off. It took me about an hour to put in. I have also added a decocker kit and Beretta extended mag release, as well as the Wilson guide rod. The only thing I have left to add is sights.

You'll need the steel trigger if you're going to use the Wolff trigger return unit but I've found that the standard Beretta return spring has a better/smother feel. The only reason I would replace the guide rod would be to put in a Wilson flat wire spring which I have in my 1911 and this is one accessory I am totally sold on. The D spring should be standard on all Berettas IMO and better sights would be my next move.

Oh, and magazines, lots of magazines. Only buy Beretta, MecGar and MDS mags.

Very nice!

You'll find a ton of Beretta love (and expertise!) here. I started with a M9 a few months back and with the a few LTT & WC additions, it quickly became my favorite fullsize pistol. A M9A1 and a 92FS Inox even supplanted a couple of classic Sigs that were residing in my safe.

Great guns!

User Tag List