Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just scored and old 28-2!

Niiiiiice!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I would take that gun over most of the current S&W catalog. Beautiful! I stiil have fond memories of 28s as range rental guns in the 80s.

Thanks for sharing!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    To the OP, before you spend a bunch of money on stocks/grips, get yourself a grip adapter (Tyler's if your a traditionalist) and try that with the Magna stocks. When I carried a M 28-2 in the academy (1973) and through my probation period I ended up with that set up as the most controllable handle, and this was shooting Magnums. Tried S&W targets stocks and the rubber things but settled on the Magnas and the grip adapter.

YMMV,
    Dave

Beautiful gun. I was given a 4" Model 28 by a friend, and absolutely love it.

It really makes you smile when you shoot it, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Very nice, congrats.

“Soul extraction hole” = stupid lock??
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    To the OP, before you spend a bunch of money on stocks/grips, get yourself a grip adapter (Tyler's if your a traditionalist) and try that with the Magna stocks. When I carried a M 28-2 in the academy (1973) and through my probation period I ended up with that set up as the most controllable handle, and this was shooting Magnums. Tried S&W targets stocks and the rubber things but settled on the Magnas and the grip adapter.

YMMV,
    Dave
    I may do that. I've not tried them yet.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 01-08-2019 at 10:09 PM.

User Tag List