Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection”

This feels very “Bill Springfieldish.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yes one would think, and why I avoided him despite his reputation on HKPro. But it was actually Bruce Gray, unless he outsourced the job as he had my pistols for 16 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This feels very “Bill Springfieldish.”

Hammertime

HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection”

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    ... he had my pistols for 16 weeks.
    Jeez. [emoji1751]*[emoji3603]
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-06-2019 at 12:07 AM.

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Okay I checked my stock P2000 V3 and it appears there is a normal, similar noise, but it happens much earlier in the trigger pull and I never noticed it.

It is the sound of the hammer catch popping up.

It would be interesting for you to take the gun apart and cycle the trigger and see if it is indeed the hammer catch popping up, just really late in the trigger pull
    I have an unmodified HK P2000 V3. I with an empty pistol, I pulled the trigger and noticed this click early in the trigger pull. I then removed the slide, and with the hammer fully forward, I pulled the trigger slowly. That click is the hammer catch engaging as designed. It does engage earlier in the trigger pull than the one in video in post 1. Perhaps that modification caused the hammer catch to engage later in the trigger pull than before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=B_JZjXAAHEk

Hammer catch engaging as it should ^

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54IHuLtsRec

Thumb riding the hammer otherwise not influencing the trigger ^

Hammertime

HK “Reduced Reset Carry Perfection”

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=B_JZjXAAHEk

Hammer catch engaging as it should ^

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54IHuLtsRec

Thumb riding the hammer otherwise not influencing the trigger ^
    It is not the hammer catch. Did I hear the second click in the second video? After listening a few times I am sure I did. This tells us the problem is definitely in the lower.

Keep messing with it slowly and see what is clicking just before hammer release.

As an aside, the NP3 coated internals look cool.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-06-2019 at 02:30 PM.

It is not the hammer catch. Did I hear the second click in the second video? After listening a few times I am sure I did. This tells us the problem is definitely in the lower.

Keep messing with it slowly and see what is clicking just before hammer release.

As an aside, the NP3 coated internals look cool.
    It's the lower for sure. There's so much going on at once it's difficult to diagnose but as the hammer cams back it's like I can feel something "drop" before the sear releases.

Okay I checked my stock P2000 V3 and it appears there is a normal, similar noise, but it happens much earlier in the trigger pull and I never noticed it.

It is the sound of the hammer catch popping up.

It would be interesting for you to take the gun apart and cycle the trigger and see if it is indeed the hammer catch popping up, just really late in the trigger pull
    My P30 V3 does the same. As soon as the hammer clears the catch pops up. Very early, probably in the first 1/8 of trigger/hammer travel. Nothing else at all appears to be going on during the trigger stroke until the hammer drops from what I can see.
    Last edited by Spartan1980; 01-06-2019 at 06:33 PM.

GGI finally responded to my third email attempt. Evidently their HK guy will be in tomorrow and review the videos I sent. Thanks to all for troubleshooting, hopefully I'll see a return mail label in my inbox soon.
    Last edited by J0hnny; 01-07-2019 at 01:15 PM.

So GG asked if I installed the pin included with their kit and I had to explain, again, that this was trigger work performed by them in-house. Anyhow, I received a return label, mailed the pistol out Wednesday 01/09 and they received it on 01/14. I emailed 01/16 requesting an update and received a response this morning that they found a "burr" on the trigger bar and that they would test fire this coming Monday. A burr on the trigger bar? Really?

User Tag List