Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Question about "Production"

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Always good to see another MN person here. Of course now I have to try to figure out what your real name is based on the set of people in Limited in that match who normally shoot production. (Fear not, I'm not interested in outing you in any way, just satisfying my own curiosity.)
    I'm sure it wont be hard to figure out. You were 3/20 in limited right? If you are struggling to put a face to the name I'm the guy shooting from concealment.

The subtitle of this thread: "Confirmation bias is fun!"

I find it odd that no one wants to mention the organization-wide activity statistics. Those tell us that limited is still top dog with production a close second. Then a large gap to open.

CO is growing, and will continue to grow because it's a pretty decent division and guys enjoy having a dot and 22 rounds in the gun.

Guys also switch divisions a lot in this sport.

You might also consider that it's still the off-season for a lot of serious guys, who use the opportunity to goof off in an alternative division. I'm killing time with a borrowed PCC until it's time to get hard and heavy with production again.

Point being, Arizona is not a weather vane for the rest of the sport. In the heat of the season if you come to my club you may see 4-6 prod GMs and no one above b class in limited. Things are different in different places. Right now, all our production GMs are goofing off in CO and PCC.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I broke 1 sight (around 13K rds). I have had several screws walked out on my other ones. That's the thing - everything needs to be loktited when shooting major. Including your grip
    BTW, my buddy broke his rear sight on his STI DVC after 10K as well.
    I have broken and/or had three rear sights come loose on Shadow 1 pistols. I think it is either a weak point in the design or maybe I need to reduce the power factor of my ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A decocker adds complexity where it is not needed. I would never use one for competition.
    Are you serious? Can you name one single pistol failure, ever, attributable to this mystical complexity added by decockers?

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    If you are struggling to put a face to the name I'm the guy shooting from concealment.
    That would have been my first guess as to who you were. I was very impressed with your performance on the 3 boxes stage last match - you absolutely crushed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Are you serious? Can you name one single pistol failure, ever, attributable to this mystical complexity added by decockers?
    I too would like to hear about how a decocker somehow made a gun fail during a match.

Question about "Production"

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Reliability isn’t the reason for not wanting a decocker on my CZ game guns. They are plenty reliable. I just don’t want to deal with the added complexity in disassembly. If I shot a P09, a decocker would be fine.

My P07 carry guns have decockers.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-05-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Reliability isn’t the reason for not wanting a decocker on my CZ game guns. They are plenty reliable. I just don’t want to deal with the added complexity in disassembly. If I shot a P09, a decocker would be fine.
    Oh that makes total sense. The only reason I've not gone with the CZ/Tanfo is pinching the hammer to decock the gun gives me the hard heebie-jeebies.

If you do it using the index finger roll, not the pinch, maybe it won’t feel creepy?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

If you do it using the index finger roll, not the pinch, maybe it won’t feel creepy?
    Or I'll just keep shooting my pizza blasters

User Tag List