Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Question about "Production"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rob Leatham once told me that if shooters wanted to compete for money, they would make more if they got a job as a greeter at Walmart.
    He's not wrong - the money isn't in the prize tables any more. But I can't think of a single Top 16 American GM whose sole source of gun-related income is matches. Which is why shooting multiple nationals is important, because if you're selling classes or trigger jobs, that shit helps.
    I shot the PX4 before it was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This really isn’t a joke. I have a friend, who shall go nameless, that had a .40 Limited gun and 10,000 rounds of ammo in his cart at SGA, ‘cause Ben.
    Oh, fuck, stop conflating things.

First, it was 5,000 rounds. I am just a doc, with doc's salary, can't afford as much ammo as you can.

Second, the reason I was considering Limited was because after shooting CO for 5 months (after doing a Production for three years), I am not going back to a division with every-10-or-so-reload dance. Not for competition purposes, at least. There is so much of the game that this reloading frenzy is standing in the way for me, I am done with it. You yourself quit it like 5 years ago? So if I ever go back to irons for competition, it will be Limited, and I ain't Gabe either, so it will a foootay.

So the only 'cause Ben part was a consideration of a Tanfo, but I dig that blue gun anyway, and I am not hugely in love with TSO ergos, and I am not paying 3-5 grand for a 2011. Remember, I am just a doc, with doc's salary.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-16-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    “Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

User Tag List