Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Question about "Production"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rob Leatham once told me that if shooters wanted to compete for money, they would make more if they got a job as a greeter at Walmart.
    He's not wrong - the money isn't in the prize tables any more. But I can't think of a single Top 16 American GM whose sole source of gun-related income is matches. Which is why shooting multiple nationals is important, because if you're selling classes or trigger jobs, that shit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This really isn’t a joke. I have a friend, who shall go nameless, that had a .40 Limited gun and 10,000 rounds of ammo in his cart at SGA, ‘cause Ben.
    Oh, fuck, stop conflating things.

First, it was 5,000 rounds. I am just a doc, with doc's salary, can't afford as much ammo as you can.

Second, the reason I was considering Limited was because after shooting CO for 5 months (after doing a Production for three years), I am not going back to a division with every-10-or-so-reload dance. Not for competition purposes, at least. There is so much of the game that this reloading frenzy is standing in the way for me, I am done with it. You yourself quit it like 5 years ago? So if I ever go back to irons for competition, it will be Limited, and I ain't Gabe either, so it will a foootay.

So the only 'cause Ben part was a consideration of a Tanfo, but I dig that blue gun anyway, and I am not hugely in love with TSO ergos, and I am not paying 3-5 grand for a 2011. Remember, I am just a doc, with doc's salary.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-16-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I blame Ben for all this of course. Since he’s switching to Limited now.
    That coupled with his statement that shooting .40 he simply “does not care” if he throws a C. In many peoples brain that equates to “wow, I can be like Ben and not worry about all those pesky c’s”. Little do they know...

I predict people will switch back to production when their guns start breaking and they have reliability problems. For most shooters that should be a year or two away...
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

@cheby how many sights have you broke?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I predict people will switch back to production when their guns start breaking and they have reliability problems. For most shooters that should be a year or two away...
    Depends on the gun. I’d bet my STI shooting .40 will outlast my Shadow 2 in 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Depends on the gun. I’d bet my STI shooting .40 will outlast my Shadow 2 in 9mm.
    Possibly, that’s if you can get the STI running...
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Possibly, that’s if you can get the STI running...
    Mine has been incredibly reliable. However, mine’s a full build by Millennium Custom.

Getting the mags right is the trick. I use STI magazines. I’ve found that the SV mags I had and others didn’t sit as high in the gun.

I have a purpose built gun for every division in USPSA. if I could only keep one, this would be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    My Thursday night match was:

CO 4
    Lim 20
    Open 5
    Prod 4
    SS 6

This was unusual - usually there's more like 10 or 12 Prod shooters, but still, it does seem to be on the decline - it used to be that Prod & Lim had roughly the same numbers.
    I was at that bpr match and was surprised by production numbers last week but a few less shooters all together. I normally shoot production but just got off work and my work gun puts me in limited minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @cheby how many sights have you broke?
    I broke 1 sight (around 13K rds). I have had several screws walked out on my other ones. That's the thing - everything needs to be loktited when shooting major. Including your grip
    BTW, my buddy broke his rear sight on his STI DVC after 10K as well.
    Last edited by cheby; 01-22-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
    I was at that bpr match and was surprised by production numbers last week but a few less shooters all together. I normally shoot production but just got off work and my work gun puts me in limited minor.
    Welcome to the forum. Always good to see another MN person here. Of course now I have to try to figure out what your real name is based on the set of people in Limited in that match who normally shoot production. (Fear not, I'm not interested in outing you in any way, just satisfying my own curiosity.)

User Tag List