Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five rounds.....................

Five rounds.....................

……….. twenty five yards, one handed, off hand.

I haven't had this one out of the safe for several years, so I thought I'd blow out the cobwebs tonight. I was pushing off to the left a bit, but I'll take it.

Last edited by Trooper224; 01-04-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    ……….. twenty five yards, one handed, off hand.

I haven't had this one out of the safe for several years, so I thought I blow out the cobwebs tonight. I was pushing off to the left a bit, but I'll take it.

Sir, that is excellent shooting. I'd love to see how you would do after those "cobwebs" are blown out!

Site Supporter
    Well done, particularly with those nickel plated, traditional fixed sights. My old eyes would have struggled with them. Despite that I do love shooting Colt pattern single actions. USFAs in my case. (smile)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 01-05-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Site Supporter
    Very nice. Are the sights as they came from the factory, or have you done any filing?

Obviously that is not what creates a tight group but that group is also well centered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

OFF hand!!! Spectacular!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

That is Wild Bill grade shooting.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’m sure breaking out your old duty weapon brought back memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Another GLOCK shooter.... Drift the rear sight to the right and drive on

Great shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Well done, particularly with those nickel plated, traditional fixed sights. My old eyes would have struggled with them. Despite that I do love shooting Colt pattern single actions. USFAs in my case. (smile)

Dave
    Thanks. I've owned this Colt for about twenty five years. I used to hunt coyotes with it at 100 yards, when my eyes were younger. The nickeled sights really can be a challenge in the sunlight.

I had a nice USFA as well.

I let it go down the road right before the company went belly up. I've always regretted that, it was a beauty. When I divested myself of most of my western guns I kept the Colt rather than the USFA simply because it's the real deal and for some sentimental reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Very nice. Are the sights as they came from the factory, or have you done any filing?

Obviously that is not what creates a tight group but that group is also well centered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This one shoots right on the money without any alterations. It was made in 1977, at a time when Colt wasn't known for finer details like regulatiing sights. I paid, what to me at the time, was a princely sum and I held my breath when I fired the first rounds. I was familiar with the common need of turning the barrel and filing the front sight, so I was quite relieved when it turned out to be a nail driver.

After I adjusted my finger pressure all proceeding groups were centered, until I got down to the last five or ten rounds and my arthritis started complaining.

User Tag List