Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming Gun Control Attempts for 2019...

Incoming Gun Control Attempts for 2019...

For example, starting here in VA:

Gov. Northam announces gun control package to be introduced in next session

Wording is a bit unclear, but it appears the following legislative attempts are incoming:

- Universal background checks
    - Loss of 2A rights upon issuance of judicial protective orders
    - Reinstating 1 handgun a month policy
    - Banning purchase, sale, transport, etc. of "assault firearms" (assuming they mean "assault weapons" currently defined in VA as any firearm equipped with magazine containing more than 20 rounds [among other conditions]) and re-defining this to include all firearms with magazines over 10 rounds

I'm not terribly enthused with VCDL's leadership after Philip Van Cleave's ridiculousness on Sasha Baron Cohen's "Who is America," but I am supportive of the organization's purpose in the first place. I won't be able to attend the annual lobby day, but hopefully they'll be able to convince legislators to vote against the upcoming bills.

What the hell. I just got back here.

I feel for you.
    We're in for a rough ride here in New Mexico as well.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Texas is good to go for a while, but I am rather concerned about where we are going. All you guys need to move here! I promise to tell you the good places to eat real Mexican food.

With neighbors like D.C. and Maryland it was only a matter of time before Virginia was pulled down into that cesspool.

At the rate we're going, I'm afraid we're going to need a "legislative alerts" subforum just for 2019, @Tom_Jones.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 01-04-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The only thing that might save NM is our Hispanic population likes their guns (especially AR's).
    I still don't understand how socially and fiscally conservative Catholics who like guns can vote for California liberal Democrats... grrrr.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    We're in California
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The only thing that might save NM is our Hispanic population likes their guns (especially AR's).
    I still don't understand how socially and fiscally conservative Catholics who like guns can vote for California liberal Democrats... grrrr.
    A combination of going to college, liberals/leftists leading the church, entertainment and news in Spanish anti-conservative. This coupled with cowardly Republicans and conservatives who seem to be incapable of reaching out to hispanics is not a recipe for success.

My future wife is from Mexico City, and she understands the threat posed by the left. She even would have voted for Trump is she could have. Not because she loves him, but because she knows first hand what leftism leads to.

If you folks in NM and VA want a little more motivational material hold WA’s beer and watch 2019.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List