Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training classes coming to NC Triad Area

Training classes coming to NC Triad Area

Does anyone know of any reputable pistol training classes coming to the NC Triad area (around Raleigh or Fayetteville NC) in 2019?

Thanks
    Steve

I would love to know as well. I’d really like to take a few classes without having to travel far.

I assume you’ve already tried The Range Complex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you guys be more specific on what you’re looking for? What type of class (general shooting, Personal defense tactics, competition, etc)? What level class (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? How far are you willing to travel?

That’s typically a pretty busy area. I’m sure we can help you find something.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Can you guys be more specific on what you’re looking for? What type of class (general shooting, Personal defense tactics, competition, etc)? What level class (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? How far are you willing to travel?

Personal defense and ccw for me. I would mind something geared more towards completion or just shooting performance though. While I was in the military and carried a gun daily, I’ve been out for a few years now and just recently got my ccw. I’d like to be responsible and start getting some training. I’d like to start with some beginner level classes and move up. I don’t want like state ccw course though. I felt that was largely a waste. I’m east of that area, but would be willing to drive most anywhere in NC and parts of SC.

Modern Samurai Project has a class coming up in NC, but I don’t have a reddot gun. Would still love to attend is AIWB first day if I can work it out with him. I may not be ready for that class yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

Checked out your website. Looks like their are two coming up in SC that isn’t to far from me. Cool website by the way!

CONTEXTUAL HANDGUN: THE ARMED PARENT/GUARDIAN

COMBATIVE PISTOL

It would be nice to find something more local that would perhaps prepare me more for these “fundamental handgun courses” to use your description on your site.

I think Bryan Eastridge has mentioned doing some training to bridge this gap. Anyone know someone in the area of NC that hosts trainers? I’d sign up for a session with Bryan for sure.
    Last edited by CLaw; 03-10-2019 at 08:53 AM.

I try to keep track of the national "names" schedules, and other than the SpecOps types doing classes in the Fort Bragg area, there does not appear to be much activity in NC. There was a group around Kings Mountain that brought in some people a few years ago, but that quickly faded (or I just am missing the announcements).

The Panteo facility just outside of Columbia, SC, and Shootlogic near Charleston regularly host stuff.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Glad you like the site. It's currently being built up by a real web developer. I'm hoping to have the new site up and running in the next month or so. In the mean time, I've let the database lag because it updates don't transfer to to the new site. Anyway, I'm glad you found some useful info.

I'll keep an eye out for more training opportunities in your region. In my opinion, someone just starting out in the personal defense lifestyle should make a concerted effort to train with @John Murphy at FPF Training (Northern VA and starting to travel) and @Tom Givens at Rangemaster. Both will get you a solid base in the Combat Triad. Both of the classes you've selected should are good choices as well.

You definitely need to be safe with a gun and probably just need to be reasonably competent at drawing from the holster to qualify for the two classes listed. Same goes for FPF Training and Rangemaster classes. Rangemaster probably has certified instructors near you to help get you squared away with that kind stuff if you need.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Checked out your website. Looks like their are two coming up in SC that isn’t to far from me. Cool website by the way!

CONTEXTUAL HANDGUN: THE ARMED PARENT/GUARDIAN

COMBATIVE PISTOL

It would be nice to find something more local that would perhaps prepare me more for these “fundamental handgun courses” to use your description on your site.

I think Bryan Eastridge has mentioned doing some training to bridge this gap. Anyone know someone in the area of NC that hosts trainers? I’d sign up for a session with Bryan for sure.
    Last edited by David S.; 03-10-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Modern Samurai Project has a class coming up in NC, but I don’t have a reddot gun. Would still love to attend is AIWB first day if I can work it out with him. I may not be ready for that class yet though.
    @AsianJedi seems pretty well tuned into this area.

Any suggestions for Raleigh / Fayetteville area instructors for these guys?
    David S.

The Range Complex (Fayetteville) offers Level 1 Pistol on June 22, Home Defense/Low Light Pistol on July 20.

Triangle Shooting Academy (Raleigh) offers classes in various areas and at various levels pretty much all the time, as well as private instruction.

Chris Tilley (4 times USPSA Nat'l Open Champion) (Raleigh) offers various competition-focused courses.

Ernest Langdon is offering his 3-day Advanced Course at Shoot Logic in April.

Probably others.

User Tag List