Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Training classes coming to NC Triad Area

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    The Range Complex (Fayetteville) offers Level 1 Pistol on June 22, Home Defense/Low Light Pistol on July 20.

Triangle Shooting Academy (Raleigh) offers classes in various areas and at various levels pretty much all the time, as well as private instruction.

Chris Tilley (4 times USPSA Nat'l Open Champion) (Raleigh) offers various competition-focused courses.

Ernest Langdon is offering his 3-day Advanced Course at Shoot Logic in April.

Probably others.
    I wish I felt competent enough to take that Langdon course. 😱

I’ll take a look at the range complex and triangle shooting academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Does anyone know of any reputable pistol training classes coming to the NC Triad area (around Raleigh or Fayetteville NC) in 2019?

Thanks
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I would love to know as well. I’d really like to take a few classes without having to travel far.
    In order for classes to come to an area, they have to have a local host. There has to be someone on the ground securing the range, getting out the word to local shooters, etc.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Checked out your website. Looks like their are two coming up in SC that isn’t to far from me. Cool website by the way!

CONTEXTUAL HANDGUN: THE ARMED PARENT/GUARDIAN

COMBATIVE PISTOL

It would be nice to find something more local that would perhaps prepare me more for these “fundamental handgun courses” to use your description on your site.

I think Bryan Eastridge has mentioned doing some training to bridge this gap. Anyone know someone in the area of NC that hosts trainers? I’d sign up for a session with Bryan for sure.

Claw I’ll be there in June it is confirmed now. It is in the Lillington area at a private facility. Doing 2 days and a very affordable class here is the eventbrite link

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/mike-burgess-19991573235

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Eastridge View Post
    Claw I’ll be there in June it is confirmed now. It is in the Lillington area at a private facility. Doing 2 days and a very affordable class here is the eventbrite link

https://www.eventbrite.com/o/mike-burgess-19991573235
    Thank you! Signed up.

Larry Vickers Advanced Pistol New Hill, NC Sept. 21-22

We just added Greer Group Training based on some second hand recommendations. They do concealed carry, vehicle and low light training at a police range in Brunswick, NC.
    David S.

Ok, so I got all excited when I saw this thread, but it turns out it's all referring to the Triangle and Fayetteville.

What about in the actual Triad?

I am aware of some local schools that apparently offer more intensive classes than the local indoor ranges, but I have never heard from anyone with any experience at those places, and the websites are... not really rich on info (instructor backgrounds or student skill level expectations).

I will certainly travel across the state for a high-profile trainer, but I am hesitant to drop a couple bennies sight unseen and end up in a glorified CCW class taught by an average shooter.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Aimee Langdon has told me that Ernest will be holding his Advanced Tactical Pistol Skills class beginning October 11, 2020 at Carolina Guns and Gear Range outside Asheboro, NC. The website hasn't been updated with the 2020 classes yet, but should be pretty soon.

I'd expect that class will fill up fast. Hopefully, I'm already penciled in.

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    Aimee Langdon has told me that Ernest will be holding his Advanced Tactical Pistol Skills class beginning October 11, 2020 at Carolina Guns and Gear Range outside Asheboro, NC. The website hasn't been updated with the 2020 classes yet, but should be pretty soon.

I'd expect that class will fill up fast. Hopefully, I'm already penciled in.
    Thanks for the heads up. LTT has been on my list for a while. Asheboro is a stupid easy drive for me AND I have an unused coupon with my PX4CC...

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. LTT has been on my list for a while. Asheboro is a stupid easy drive for me AND I have an unused coupon with my PX4CC...
    Well then, pretty much an easy decision!

User Tag List