Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Glock 43 competitor from...Mossberg?!?!

A Glock 43 competitor from...Mossberg?!?!

Just saw this video from TFBTV. Mossberg is releasing a direct competitor to the G43 that even uses G43 mags. Will also take Sig sights and comes with a flat-faced trigger. Oddly it's available with an optional cross bolt safety. I don't see myself buying one but it is an interesting development.

Last edited by Bigghoss; 01-03-2019 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Seems like James needs to follow some of our grip threads, so his grip doesn’t shift with every shot fired. Not just with this pistol, but about every thing I have seen him shoot. He is a strong guy, so there is obviously a technique opportunity.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yeah, I noticed that on the Glock 48/43x video he did.

I forgot to ask @Tom_Jones when Gadgets for the MC1 will be available.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Mossberg is moving late into a crowded market (single stack 9mm carry pistols) in which their brands gives them little leverage. Additionally, I don't trust most new Mossberg products that aren't pump action shotguns. I'd be more inclined to buy a Ruger LC9 over this (and hell will freeze over before I buy an LC9).

Certainly unexpected. Brilliant though, to take existing sights (not to mention mags). I wish other companies would do that. Heck, I wish other companies would do that across their own lineup (yes, I’m talking to you Beretta).

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Mossberg is moving late into a crowded market (single stack 9mm carry pistols) in which their brands gives them little leverage. Additionally, I don't trust most new Mossberg products that aren't pump action shotguns. I'd be more inclined to buy a Ruger LC9 over this (and hell will freeze over before I buy an LC9).
    Not having watched the video or studied more about this pistol than knowing it was going to exist, I'm betting the intent will be to compete on price. I'm betting that the amount of people choosing between a Glock 43 and this is dwarfed by the number of people choosing between this and a PF9.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Who'd a thunk it, from Mossberg. I think it is a good looking little pistol. Glocks release of the 43X and 48 don't seem to be swaying a ton of folks from leaving their current 43, myself included. This with the ability to use the mags I already have for my 43 is pretty appealing. Especially if The price is less reasonable. Might be a fun little pistol to get a play around with. Seems quite capable, and has a solid feature set. Ejection patterns look excellent as well....

FYI MSRP shows $425. Should be less at the stores.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-03-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Not having watched the video or studied more about this pistol than knowing it was going to exist, I'm betting the intent will be to compete on price. I'm betting that the amount of people choosing between a Glock 43 and this is dwarfed by the number of people choosing between this and a PF9.
    Fair counterpoint. If they can get it to a price competitive with a Kel-Tec product while being higher in quality that would be a win.

I remember when Kel-tec and Kahr were the only real options for single stack 9mms... definitely not a segment I could have previously described as crowded!

Most large companies don't bring something to market unless they figure they can at least break out and more likely make money. How many Shields and g43's have been sold in the last couple years? Capturing 10% of that market would probably make them money.

The slim compact 9 has surpassed the j frame in a belt holster in most people's minds. It's likely the fastest growing handgun segment currently. This is evidenced by Glock offering various sizes and configurations of the slim 9. (In other words trying to capitalize on that market that already purchased their product with a slight variation of it).

The other side of it is a gun that will cost $50 to $100 less than a g43 and have zero resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Sorry to ruin the joke, but it's sort of what I do.
    Geeze Tom, way to be a wet blanket. Haha. Yeah, it was a joke but sooner or later somebody is going to ask for real.

Even before I heard the MSRP I figured these would sell for $300-350ish. That's the only way they'd be competitive. Plus Mossberg is an everyman's brand anyway.

User Tag List