View Poll Results: Which one should I get

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 48 because practical

90 62.50%
  • DW 9mm 1911 because 'Murrica!

28 19.44%
  • If you don't get the 1911, then go to Europe, you commie!

26 18.06%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilemma: 1911 or Glock 48?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Deleted grumpy anti-1911 post.
    Ha! I'm glad I read it seconds before deletion. I love 1911s and have had good luck with a dozen plus .45s but not at the volumes my Glocks have shot. But you made some legit points. Are you Hilton Yam.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Join GSSF. Buy a blue label G48. Shoot it and decide if you like it. If not, sell it for a small loss and then buy the 1911. If you later decide you regret selling the G48, use next year's GSSF purchase certificate to buy another G48.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Deleted grumpy anti-1911 post.
    Ah come on man. Don't deny us.

I like both, and am in love with my wilson 1911 9mm that I have found more reliable/just as reliable as my 9mm glock gen 4s. That said you can't go wrong with each but I would wait to make sure the g48 works.. Most guns coming out now having growing pains and I would bet my hard earned money this one will be different.

It's a tough call and I agree with others who have noted the risks of acting as a "tester" for a new pistol. Obviously, I have zero experience with a G48, but believe it is going to be a very popular pistol.

But I DO have experience with a DW 9mm 1911 for an EDC pistol (a Valkyrie) and can with no reservation say that you would not regret purchasing the Vigil model you mentioned. You might decide that you need a Glock G48 as well, but I really doubt that you would be disappointed with the DW.

Site Supporter
    Do those of you who carry DW 1911s worry about the light trigger pull at all?

Yes, I know it has a manual safety, but I see trigger pull readings for the DWs in the 3.5#-4# range.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do those of you who carry DW 1911s worry about the light trigger pull at all?

Yes, I know it has a manual safety, but I see trigger pull readings for the DWs in the 3.5#-4# range.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I like both, and am in love with my wilson 1911 9mm that I have found more reliable/just as reliable as my 9mm glock gen 4s. That said you can't go wrong with each but I would wait to make sure the g48 works.. Most guns coming out now having growing pains and I would bet my hard earned money this one will be different.
    Wouldn't bet

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ah come on man. Don't deny us.
    It wasn't anything you haven't read 100 times before about how 1911s are not reliable enough for serious use. There are lots of claims of ultra-reliable 1911s, but when you dig deeper, reliability is almost always dependent on specific ammo, tuned magazines, specific springs, recent cleaning, lack of dirt or sand, and the blood of virgin unicorns. I'm just not into all that. I like my well-used CZs and Glocks more than the fancy 1911s I've since sold off.

I also wouldn't buy a new model--even from Glock. A year or two from now, sure.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-03-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

[QUOTE=Clusterfrack;829006]It wasn't anything you haven't read 100 times before about how 1911s are not reliable enough for serious use. There are lots of claims of ultra-reliable 1911s, but when you dig deeper, reliability is almost always dependent on specific ammo, tuned magazines, specific springs, recent cleaning, lack of dirt or sand, and the blood of virgin unicorns. I'm just not into all that. I like my well-used CZs and Glocks more than the fancy 1911s I've since sold off.

I also wouldn't buy a new model--even from Glock. A year or two from now,

Two TRPs, my LB Operator and Sams custom drive tacks and don't seem to care about cleaning albeit I do at like 800 round intervals. What kinds gave you such problems?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List