Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grip Force Adapter not legal in SSP for IDPA

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Competition only apparel is also not IDPA legal but they will sell you a vest...
    It is a Frank Fontana photographers vest.

To ToddG's point a contestant at the Indoors this year had a GFA Glock and was entered in SSP.

Bumped to ESP during the match, I imagine a 3 second PE, even though the most recent rulling made the device legal at that time.(and Robert Ray was at the match).

Whats the big issue against shooting in ESP anyway? People act like there getting bumped to USPSA open class. o_O Id like to see a "striker" fired class, a da/sa class, Sa only, and da only. No opinion on wheel guns.

Because serious shooters only shoot SSP, ESP is for gamers.

/sarcasm
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by sm0kyjoe View Post
    Whats the big issue against shooting in ESP anyway? People act like there getting bumped to USPSA open class. o_O Id like to see a "striker" fired class, a da/sa class, Sa only, and da only. No opinion on wheel guns.
    Divisions are for guns, classes are for shooters. The problem with more divisions is where does it end? I have no interest in winning the '5" M&P9 with 147 grain bullets" division, I want to shoot against everyone.

The reason I shoot in SSP is that it's where a supermajority of the competition is locally. If everyone around here shot in ESP, I'd have no problem shooting the exact same equipment in ESP. Iron sight 10 shot minor is iron sight 10 shot minor.

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    Di '5" M&P9 with 147 grain bullets"
    That is a viable carry option, not sure of the issue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That is a viable carry option, not sure of the issue.
    I was saying that at some point, the addition of more divisions gets ridiculous. Currently there are SSP and ESP. sm0kyjoe wanted striker, da/sa, da, and sa. I was trying to make the point that eventually there are so many divisions that no one is actually competing against anyone else. I'd be shooting alone in '5" M&P with 147gr bullets', while my friend Mike was shooting '5" M&P with 124gr bullets', my friend Dave was shooting 'Glock 34 with 147s', etc.

I was saying that at some point, the addition of more divisions gets ridiculous. Currently there are SSP and ESP. sm0kyjoe wanted striker, da/sa, da, and sa. I was trying to make the point that eventually there are so many divisions that no one is actually competing against anyone else. I'd be shooting alone in '5" M&P with 147gr bullets', while my friend Mike was shooting '5" M&P with 124gr bullets', my friend Dave was shooting 'Glock 34 with 147s', etc.
    Even at less-attended matches, it's a bit like this already. For the first year I was shooting, winning CDP in our local area was as easy as showing up when it was cold out and not getting disqualified. In fact, that's the only way I've ever won divisions :-).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    Even at less-attended matches, it's a bit like this already. For the first year I was shooting, winning CDP in our local area was as easy as showing up when it was cold out and not getting disqualified. In fact, that's the only way I've ever won divisions :-).
    I won ESP at the first match I ever shot at Harvard. I still have the iron on transfer prize that I got.

I won ESP at the first match I ever shot at Harvard. I still have the iron on transfer prize that I got.
    Im also ok with the ssp, esp classes there just not setup right. Stock guns should stay in ssp sa or not. Enhanced guns go in esp. That will never happen though. Even though the reality is that the large majority of guns would end up in esp. How many bone stock guns do you see in ssp? Ill shoot were ever my gun ends up.

User Tag List