Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Night Cobra American Rifleman Review

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...obra-revolver/

What's the hive mind think? The Cobra re-launch was met with great fanfare but that seems to have evaporated?

My basic thought is the gun is too expensive even with the additional capacity. And too heavy. Colt should look at an aluminum frame model.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I have the intention of shooting Saturday if the weather holds up. The plan is 3 or 4 snubs, with my Night Cobra being one of them. Comparative standard will likely be the HiTS snubby Super Test. I can post the results here if you'd like.

For comparison, the 4 planned snubs will be a 442, SP101 Wiley Clapp, 357 mag LCR, and the Night Cobra. Ammo will be 148 Wadcutters because that's what I have enough of to make a fair and thorough range day. Plus, lots of folks carrying them so I think it's a good load to use.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I have the intention of shooting Saturday if the weather holds up. The plan is 3 or 4 snubs, with my Night Cobra being one of them. Comparative standard will likely be the HiTS snubby Super Test. I can post the results here if you'd like.

For comparison, the 4 planned snubs will be a 442, SP101 Wiley Clapp, 357 mag LCR, and the Night Cobra. Ammo will be 148 Wadcutters because that's what I have enough of to make a fair and thorough range day. Plus, lots of folks carrying them so I think it's a good load to use.
    Please do post the results!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

Sounds like fun. Wish I could join you.

Site Supporter
    The new king cobra looks like a 3 inch .357 version of the current cobra so I doubt it will use old grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I find it odd that Colt chose to make the frame incompatible with original D frame grips. At least that's what I have read elsewhere. Is this true? If so, I wonder if the upcoming King Cobra will take old grips.

The only change to the Colt D frame with the new Cobra is the "enlargement" of the trigger guard. Holsters fit the barrel and cylinder just not the trigger guard. If the Cobra had, and it will someday, the night sight it would be my primary carry now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    The only change to the Colt D frame with the new Cobra is the "enlargement" of the trigger guard. Holsters fit the barrel and cylinder just not the trigger guard. If the Cobra had, and it will someday, the night sight it would be my primary carry now.
    I'll admit to asking instead of researching but are the front sight attachments for the Cobra and Night Cobra different or do they just not sell the Night Cobra front separately?

Site Supporter
    My lgs has a Night Cobra that the owner wishes to sell cheap. I've been examining it in the shop and can't find a single complaint. Yes it is heavy and a tad long from grip to end of barrel. If it had a three inch barrel(or four), I would drool. Cost even when reduced for quick sale is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My lgs has a Night Cobra that the owner wishes to sell cheap. I've been examining it in the shop and can't find a single complaint. Yes it is heavy and a tad long from grip to end of barrel. If it had a three inch barrel(or four), I would drool. Cost even when reduced for quick sale is too high.
    MSRP on these is pretty high but I assume Colt is playing the Ruger game. Set the MSRP high so a person seeing one locally for quite a bit under thinks he's getting a deal.

CDNN has "regular" Cobras for $555 shipped to your FFL. Only eight units, so I expect they will go quickly. https://www.cdnnsports.com/colt-cobr...stainless.html
    Last edited by farscott; 01-04-2019 at 08:41 PM.

My LGS that I have been using for 20 years refers to it as the "Charter Arms Colt" and dissuaded me from buying one.

Instead I put the money into a 3 inch K frame which I think is a much better carry revolver.

User Tag List