Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    This is not a re-release of the old adjustable sight King Cobra.

They are re-using the name for what appears to be a 3” fixed sight Cobra.
    That's OK, the new Cobra is more or less a SF-VI. The new King Cobra is probably a reincarnation of the Magnum Carry.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    That's OK, the new Cobra is more or less a SF-VI. The new King Cobra is probably a reincarnation of the Magnum Carry.
    I would have been interested in a 3' version of the old King Cobra. This thing, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I would have been interested in a 3' version of the old King Cobra. This thing, not so much.
    I think a 36 inch barrel would be quite unwieldy.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

New Colt King Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    With all the excitement about new Glocks, we seem to have missed that Colt is re-releasing a Colt King Cobra this year.

Link:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
    A 3” Colt .357?

With no IL, it’s the gun S&W should be making.

So:

Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-02-2019 at 10:05 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Is the Python next?
    I hope not. I’ll bet that it won’t be like the original, other than the look of the barrel. The carping will be epic!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I hope not. I’ll bet that it won’t be like the original, other than the look of the barrel. The carping will be epic!
    Even if Colt makes them indistinguishable from the old ones, people will still burn down the internet talking about how much the new ones suck. Most of them will be people who own Pythons and don't want to see the value cut in half overnight.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    I know that I am preaching to the choir here but I really wish they had not recycled the “snake” names.

I had a Magnum Carry back in the day and it was a good revolver. In fact I may have shot my first IDPA match with that revolver in ‘97 or ‘98. I mainly ran Winchester 110 grain .357s through it because I didn’t know any better at the time. They made an impressive flash and were easy to control (understandable now that I know their sub par ballistics) but it eventually went down the road for something else and was replaced by a 4” 686 for matches.

I also wish these had an adjustable rear sight even if it was one of the current Novak adjustables like on the Colt Competition 1911s. Oh well, if these turn out to not have any major issues I may pick a pair up.
    Last edited by sharps54; 01-03-2019 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Even if Colt makes them indistinguishable from the old ones, people will still burn down the internet talking about how much the new ones suck. Most of them will be people who own Pythons and don't want to see the value cut in half overnight.
    I don’t see them recycling the name having any negative impact on the current values. Heck, it could make them go up.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I know that I am preaching to the choir here but I really wish they had not recycled the “snake” names.
    I can hear @Mas' low rumble saying something about "Cobra"...
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I don’t see them recycling the name having any negative impact on the current values. Heck, it could make them go up.
    That is a good point!

User Tag List