Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Is your King Cobra a post 2017 model? Will those grips fit the KC’s I’ve recently bought. Thanks!
    Yes, mine is post-2017 Colt King Cobra. The fit is really nice. They include a rubber washer for the bottom screw that keeps it from backing out and also prevents cracking the wood grip from overtightening.

The rubber washer is a tight fit, but once it's in and tightened, there is no play in the grips.

I like the looks of this colt wish it came with a 4" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook63 View Post
    I like the looks of this colt wish it came with a 4" barrel.
    Name:  E51F1732-9AD7-41E8-B375-2D56D592C3D0.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  53.4 KB

I own and love my new KC 3" 357 my favorite carry 357. I have shot a friend's 4" KC and it is a nice shooter! Would love to have one!

Name:  E51F1732-9AD7-41E8-B375-2D56D592C3D0.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  53.4 KB
    If they ever catch up with demand that might be my next revolver.

I Replaced the Front Sight with a Python Sight

It’s perfect now! I couldn’t see that minuscule front sight, so swapped in my Python’s front ramped sight. Went to the range during lunch, and shot the best group ever! The LGS/range owner uses fiber optic front sights, and gave me his unwanted Python sight. Life is good!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  53.0 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  61.4 KB

It’s perfect now! I couldn’t see that minuscule front sight, so swapped in my Python’s front ramped sight. Went to the range during lunch, and shot the best group ever! The LGS/range owner uses fiber optic front sights, and gave me his unwanted Python sight. Life is good!
    Sweet. Yes, a little better visibility up there would be a good thing.

Just measured the front sights on my 3-inch KC and 4-inch Python, the KC is .140 high, the Python is .180; the link at Brownell's doesn't make a distinction between the two and shows only .140 as of today.

Now all we need is a source for Colt revolver parts that's actually in stock. The front sights don't look all that complicated to make.

@Salamander
    The sight picture in the top pic is what I used today. Colt says they’re all interchangeable. I had been looking online for a while trying to find the Python ramp without any success. I called Colt today, but their message said they were closed until today (?!?!?). If I hadn’t found a second sight (no pun intended), fashioning one from another revolver was plan B.

Okay… My CKCC is on my nightstand, my safe is less than an arm reach away, and I always have my digital calipers in front of the safe. The brass bead sight is .140” tall, and the Python ramped sight is .140” tall at the beginning section of orange. I shot Norma 158 FMJ, along with Hornady Critical Defense 110 grain today. I shot at a fairly good pace, and only care that the hits are within an 8” shoot and see target. The improved front sight has knocked the 686+ revolvers out of the lineup. We’ll have to see how it does at 25 yards, although I’m keeping my 8” group expectations low-ish. Darryl Bolke has said he’d screw a snub into someone’s ear, so 25 yard bullseye shots might not be essential.

The KC is now my primary carry, after procrastinating for a while I finally added it on my permit last week. The original intent was to use it mostly as a trail gun, however it's so comfortable to carry that it's been on my hip almost every waking hour through the holiday weekend and today. We were out at crowded public events all day Sunday and Monday with two tech industry friends visiting from Seattle, and they never knew I was carrying.

When I qualified with the KC a while back, the group was actually a little tighter than the two HK's on my permit (25 rounds at 15 yards slow fire; the CCW renewal qual in this county is pretty basic). And that's with the OEM brass bead sight, on an indoor range with poor lighting.

Last week I ran a variety of 38 sp and 38 SC reloads through it. 148 HBWC, which this revolver really likes, are a 6-o'clock hold. So a taller front sight may be good for range use. It also likes 38 SC 125 JHP over BE-86 which hit slightly lower. The factory 357 magnum Barnes 140gr Vor-TX used as a woods load and the 357 Gold Dot short barrel 135gr for in town use are closer to drive the dot, so would probably be more like your sight picture above with a Python sight.
    Last edited by Salamander; 05-31-2022 at 11:55 PM.

User Tag List