Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by serialsolver View Post
    Over on the colt forum it has been stated that an adjustable sight version is coming out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good to know!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Colt Carping?

So I was cruising around the other places and came across this post about the Colt Cobra. The whole thread is here.

Has anyone here seen any problems with parts breakage?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So I was cruising around the other places and came across this post about the Colt Cobra. The whole thread is here.

No bueno. Maybe sticking with my old Rugers is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Not yet, with either snake, but now you’ve got me eyeing my tried and true ‘76 36-1 Chief again.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Maybe I’m just getting old and crotchety, but there are very few forums (especially the brand themed ones) thant I put any credence anymore. Not sure on how the Ruger Forum is run, but it seems way too many have gone the way of facebook in quality of material.

Folks here have no dog in the fight for the most part. Fair assessments based on actual use.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Maybe I’m just getting old and crotchety, but there are very few forums (especially the brand themed ones) thant I put any credence anymore. Not sure on how the Ruger Forum is run, but it seems way too many have gone the way of facebook in quality of material.

Folks here have no dog in the fight for the most part. Fair assessments based on actual use.
    Understood, and the poster there had recently joined that forum. I'm not necessarily buying what he said, which is the reason why I asked on here.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’m with ya... I trust here more than anyplace.

Don’t mind me...I posted “pre-coffee” this morning. I should know better.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I finally saw a King Cobra in the wild today. I have to say that on the specimen I handled, the trigger was very nice, and it appears like the action was markedly better than the Cobra and Night Cobra I have fondled before, although I have only handled one of each of those guns before, so YMMV. The brass bead front sight is a nice touch. I’m pretty sure that I am going with a 3” Kimber K6s as a belt gun, but this gun is making me have second thoughts about that selection.

Broken firing pins sound like dryfire issues.

Broken hammers sound like a bad batch, either machined wrong or hardened incorrectly.

The ejector rod thing is weird as described. I'd guess that was gunk under the extractor star, weak spring, or gunk in the channel.

I just bought a King Cobra. Ten day wait because California, and our state government doesn't trust us... more when I get it to the range. Looking at the bright side, that's plenty of time to load a bunch of .38 and .357 and it's busy right now so the time will pass quickly.

The trigger clinched the decision, light and smooth. I went with this over the Night Cobra because I spend a fair amount of time in the back country, so six rounds of .357 and a three inch barrel at only 28 oz is a nice combination, and stainless for life in the coastal fog belt. It's basically the same size and weight as my 3" SP101 but with an extra round and a much better trigger.

It's nice to find something I can use as is right out of the box. No lock to plug, no need to order different springs. I'd like a rear sight that's a little friendlier for no longer young eyes, other than that it's a really nice package.

While I was looking it over the LGS owner went in back and brought out a really clean 4-inch Python that recently came in, says if she decides to sell it price will be $2k. I'm not especially tempted by something I'd be hesitant to actually shoot, but it was fun to fondle... haven't actually had a Python in hand in a while. Great condition except for aftermarket rubber.

User Tag List