Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

Site Supporter
    Looks like they just released a 2.5 inch snubbie carry version, so the parts bin thing looks like the truth.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/05/02...WxHMD7UmBrt6hU

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Parts bin stuff. The 3" Kimber is the same; uses the ejector from the original 2". The Kimber’s rod looks pretty incongruous on the 3", IMHO.

Man. I wonder if I can talk Colt out of a DAO hammer? I can always put birchwood flat sight black on the rear of my King Cobra’s sight channel...

[*puts on thinking cap; pulls old Colt customer service email addy...]
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I wondered the same thing for my cobra, even it it had to be black since they do that for the night cobra. I hate the hammer on the cobra, but I am weary about cutting it...

Man. I wonder if I can talk Colt out of a DAO hammer? I can always put birchwood flat sight black on the rear of my King Cobra’s sight channel...

[*puts on thinking cap; pulls old Colt customer service email addy...]

Site Supporter
    I think it is too early in product life cycle for parts. I am a month + waiting for a fiber optic front sight for my King. Wait awhile. COlt probably needs user acceptance before they churn out parts.

Site Supporter
    I’m fine with 3” and a hammer but would very much prefer a real, preferably adjustable, rear sight.

Site Supporter
    Since this thread is up, I’ll throw out a "con’ that I’ve noticed on the King Cobra. For me, the shape and polish of the back of the frame catches light and reflects enough that the rear sight washes out. I do not have this issue with the Night Cobra, nor did I have any issues with the more matted finish on the first of the new 2017 Cobras. Don’t have this issue on my K frames either. But on the shinier King, it’s a big deal.

Ultimately, I like the gun enough that I’m going to have to have the back of the frame/sight channel stippled or serrated, and probably blued/blacked out. May as well have the hammer converted to DAO and bobbed while I am at it.

At that point, it might just be perfect. Nothing is ever easy, I suppose...

Gun shoots like a dream otherwise; mid-range .357s work very well, and I love the size and ergos. It’s a cool gun, ut I wish it had come bead-blastsd, myself. I don’t need crow-attracting, barbecue shiny on my wheelies, but I do need to see the sights.

Any updates on your opinion or thought of the cobra?

What do you like about it vs the K6?

A local shop has a K6 DASA and a King Cobra in stock. Thinking of getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Any updates on your opinion or thought of the cobra?

What do you like about it vs the K6?

A local shop has a K6 DASA and a King Cobra in stock. Thinking of getting one.
    Honestly, May was so nuts at work that today was my first trip to the range in weeks, and it was a 10/22 red dot day. I haven’t had the King out of the safe since I last posted. The night Cobra is still doing duty, but I need to paint up the King and try it again.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Honestly, May was so nuts at work that today was my first trip to the range in weeks, and it was a 10/22 red dot day. I haven’t had the King out of the safe since I last posted. The night Cobra is still doing duty, but I need to paint up the King and try it again.
    Understand how that goes.

The K6 dasa in the 2 inch version, so it would be a tad nice fir CCW. Plus it has sights closer to what I’m used to and I like the push button release.

Still, there is something perfect looking about the Colt.

Site Supporter
    Do we know if an adjustable sight model is planned? If not I wonder if the D&L J frame sight could be adapted?
    https://www.dlsports.com/dl_jframe_sw_sights.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Do we know if an adjustable sight model is planned? If not I wonder if the D&L J frame sight could be adapted?
    https://www.dlsports.com/dl_jframe_sw_sights.html
    Over on the colt forum it has been stated that an adjustable sight version is coming out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List