Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Ok, three questions.

Boot grips, Badger Custom Grips are the only ones I see available. I have read about others but I don’t see them listed on the manufacturer’s websites or they are current unavailable. Any ideas would be welcome. This isn’t as high a priority as the holster as I will give the factory grips a chance to grown on me.
    I bought a set of badger grips with the speed loader cut for a Ruger GP100. They would not clear speed loader. I contacted the company and they said they would fix them, but I was to ship them back on my dime. I'm eventually going to transfer them to someone who is looking for grips they will have to sand down to work or not use speed loaders. Just haven't gotten to it. No more badgers for me. YMMV.

I just got a line on Altamont boot grips, but they might be too small for my larger hands. $65 shipped:

Name:  A973D248-7036-40AE-B1DA-6BBE3CF8F1B8.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  22.0 KB

ETA: I bought the Altamont boot grips. They’ll be for sale if I don’t like the way they fit. 🤣🤣🤣
    Last edited by FrankB; 07-30-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I just got a line on Altamont boot grips, but they might be too small for my larger hands. $65 shipped:

Name:  A973D248-7036-40AE-B1DA-6BBE3CF8F1B8.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  22.0 KB

ETA: I bought the Altamont boot grips. They’ll be for sale if I don’t like the way they fit. 🤣🤣🤣
    I’ve got small mitts and will happily take them if they don’t work for you, otherwise I’ll be ordering a set myself, probably the Badger since the Altamonts aren’t available at the moment. Please post some pics when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Ok, three questions.

Holsters, what is everyone using? I’m leaning toward the Garrett Silent Thunder Warrior. I’m primarily looking for a AIWB rig although I’ll also pick up a leather OWB with a thumb snap at some point.

Boot grips, Badger Custom Grips are the only ones I see available. I have read about others but I don’t see them listed on the manufacturer’s websites or they are current unavailable. Any ideas would be welcome. This isn’t as high a priority as the holster as I will give the factory grips a chance to grown on me.

Front sights / other parts, are there any available?

I have K frame speed-loaders already and will pick up some D frames.

Aside from ammo anything else I’m missing?
    I have the Silent Thunder OWB.

It’s a nice holster, but the cant adjustment screws have a tendency to loosen, leaving me with a swivel-holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    I have the Silent Thunder OWB.

It’s a nice holster, but the cant adjustment screws have a tendency to loosen, leaving me with a swivel-holster.
    Good to know. I’m looking at them for an AIWB but will probably pick up a traditional leather pancake style for OWB.

I handled one today at my local shop. The 2" carry version and it had a great, to me, trigger. I don't complain about a stock ssr trigger though so i'm not the best person to judge. Rubber grips felt well enough and it seemed like a nice 6 shot belt gun. It would be great if they made a lightweight version for the pocket...I'm not crazy about the cylinder release but i would get used to it. I definitely have them on my radar now. Cool wheelie.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List