Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Colt King Cobra

New Colt King Cobra

With all the excitement about new Glocks, we seem to have missed that Colt is re-releasing a Colt King Cobra this year.

Link:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Damn, a 3" 6 shot .357 (I feel weak)....wonder what the weight is going to be and what speedloader fits...

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Damn, a 3" 6 shot .357 (I feel weak)....wonder what the weight is going to be and what speedloader fits...
    I was just trying to do some internet sleuthing to figure all that out, but I'm so far coming up dry. I'm slightly more excited about the new Glocks than I am when a new Toyota Camry comes out, but I'm on tenterhooks about the King Cobra and the hypothetical new Ruger revolver.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    With all the excitement about new Glocks, we seem to have missed that Colt is re-releasing a Colt King Cobra this year.

Link:

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/shot-show-2019/
    This is not a re-release of the old adjustable sight King Cobra.

They are re-using the name for what appears to be a 3” fixed sight Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Looks like it's a 3" version of the current Cobra, and takes 357 mag. I think it's cool.

Man....

And here I was thinking that 2017 and 2018 were expensive. There are few things I like more than 3" medium-frame .357s, and I know from direct owner experience that the new Cobra triggers are the best out-of-box switches made (compared to K6s, LCR).

Will buy. Gonna be after the G48, but this one will happen, unless they do the "night king" before my pocketbook recovers from the Gaston pillaging it’s gonna receive.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

The new King Cobra is interesting as it seems to be aimed squarely at people (like me) who run .357 SP-101 revolvers and want another round and a better trigger.

I'd prefer to see something with adjustable sights on a 3" revolver, ESPECIALLY since I'm sure this is going to market at the $800+ price point.

But, that's just me...

Is the Python next?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'd prefer to see something with adjustable sights on a 3" revolver, ESPECIALLY since I'm sure this is going to market at the $800+ price point.

But, that's just me...

Is the Python next?
    There are rumors, but I'm not able to grok how well informed they are. Definitely nothing as reliable as the spoilers we received here in advance of the new Glock Movie.

I agree about the adjustable sights.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

But, that's just me...

Is the Python next?
    There might be a bit more outrage if they improperly recycle the Python name.

User Tag List