Thread: Recommended Cant - IWB 3 G19 with X300

Recommended Cant - IWB 3 G19 with X300

I’ve been happily carrying my G19 in an IWB 3 for over a year now. I just got a Surefire X300 for mine so I will be ordering another holster to fit the light.

Any advice as far as cant with the light included? I’d prefer 10-15 degrees but am curious as to how the light would affect this.

Thanks in advance!

I carry a VP9, not a G19, so not a perfect comparison, but I think it's a fairly universal truth that when it comes to cant, when a light is added to the equation, there comes a point of diminishing returns because the light pokes out farther and farther to the rear as cant increases. Printing below the beltline can actually become a bit of an issue depending on body size. I'm around 175lbs, 6' tall, 32" waist. My shirt tail will tend to bunch up on a WML that pokes out too far. Depending on how snug the pants are, the pants can also push forward against the muzzle end of the holster, causing the bottom of the grip to move in the opposite direction, reducing concealment. For me, 15º is as much cant as I want with a WML mounted (TLR-1 HL in my case), although I prefer 20-25º with no light mounted. In the photo below, you can see the outline of the holster below the belt (indicated by the red arrow). That's a VP9+TLR in a JM IWB3 with 15º of cant.

I frequently carry an M&P 2.0 Compact with a TLR in a JM Custom Kydex IWB with a 20 degree cant. It rides pretty well and I’ve noticed the light printing in jeans

Quote Originally Posted by TheDLoon View Post
    I’ve been happily carrying my G19 in an IWB 3 for over a year now. I just got a Surefire X300 for mine so I will be ordering another holster to fit the light.

Any advice as far as cant with the light included? I’d prefer 10-15 degrees but am curious as to how the light would affect this.

Thanks in advance!
    TheDLoon, I would suggest 20 degree cant for that combo. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks for the feedback folks! Just placed my order Tony, I look forward to it.

Same question, but for a 1911 with X300.

Tony, could you make an IWB 3 for that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    Same question, but for a 1911 with X300.

Tony, could you make an IWB 3 for that setup?
    Birdkiller, sorry but we don't make any 1911 light bearing holsters anymore. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List