Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zev’s OZ9 Pistol

I fail to see this thing make much of a dent in USPSA Production

It might have a niche in Limited if they chamber it in 40 S&W

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Does anyone have any updates to this?

I handled one the other day and didnt get to shoot it. I LOVED every single little bit about it. I found the ergo's to be fantastic. The gun pointed REALLY well, the trigger was fantastic and the machining was absolutely wonderful. I even loved the iron sights which apparently will cowitness (supposedly) with an rmr even at their low height due to the depth at which they machine their pocket for the RMR. Im not sure i buy that as the store didnt have an optic mounted but i guess we will see.

At 1700 bucks its too much for me. At the discounted LEO price...its EXTREMELY tempting. I just want more thoughts on this from people that are running the gun. Theoretically, at 29 ounces unloaded with the steel chassis this gun should shoot nice as hell.
    I just traded my friend my CZ shadow 2 for this gun with an RMR on it. For some reason my friend didn't like it that much and really liked my CZ Shadow 2. I actually think the Shadow is a better gun, I will be getting another one in the future. It does cowitness with an RMR to answer that question. I think most the comments are pretty dead on. There is alot to like about this gun though. The way the magwell attaches at the front of the grip and to the back with a pin is pretty slick. The super low mount of the RMR is cool. I think it shoots ok. It seems faster back on target to me than a regular Glock and double taps seem faster but I need more time behind the gun. Like others have said if you just want to run a Glock and you are looking for the ultimate Glock, I think this is probably going to be at the top of the list. For the money though there are definitely better guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Does anyone have any updates to this?

I handled one the other day and didnt get to shoot it. I LOVED every single little bit about it. I found the ergo's to be fantastic. The gun pointed REALLY well, the trigger was fantastic and the machining was absolutely wonderful. I even loved the iron sights which apparently will cowitness (supposedly) with an rmr even at their low height due to the depth at which they machine their pocket for the RMR. Im not sure i buy that as the store didnt have an optic mounted but i guess we will see.

At 1700 bucks its too much for me. At the discounted LEO price...its EXTREMELY tempting. I just want more thoughts on this from people that are running the gun. Theoretically, at 29 ounces unloaded with the steel chassis this gun should shoot nice as hell.
    I handled one at a LGS a couple weeks ago. Street price around $1500. I was smitten.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I had a friend of mine who is a rep. for Zev come down for a demo with Zev's line up. They are supposed to be coming out with a G19 sized gun that will also have a G26 grip option. That is the one I am really wanting to see. As for the irons they do co witness with the dot. I have a couple hundred rounds through the OZ9 and it is a nice gun. Grip felt a bit more boxy than my 19X that I had with me. On a unrelated topic. I really like their AR15 parts fit is superb and their rail feels great in hand... As it should considering they make rails for Hodge defense or did at one time.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 05-08-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-15-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 10-15-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Larry takes one for a spin:

https://youtu.be/aECZ_FCR-bw

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I'm in Carson City, NV this week helping with a red dot pistol class. Two officers in attendance are running ZEVs. These are their daily carry guns.

Both guns have been running fine and both officers are shooting them well. It is obvious to me that these guys like the guns and practice with them regularly.

I haven't really had a good chance to talk with either officer but have asked them during breaks how they like the guns. Both say they like them and haven't had any problems personally although they did have another officer (not in attendance) break the cam lug on a barrel.

No additional information about what/why/where caused the break. I'll see if I can get more info. Also hoping I can get a chance to put a mag or two through one of these guns.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List