Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zev’s OZ9 Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Seems like this gun's primary market are dedicated IDPA/USPSA shooters who have shot Glocks extensively and either will, or believe they will, be able squeeze a relevant degree of improvement in their scores from this gun. I doubt this will appeal to novice/casual action pistol sport competitors, unless they are wealthy dilletantes. Can't see it having any appeal to self defense oriented consumers at this price point.

I think one of the biggest weaknesses in this product's appeal is that shooters looking to move up into a spendy Glock-based gaming blaster is that 1) most of them probably already have at least one or two glocks/other plastic guns that they've sunk a lot of cash into modifying and 2) will be comparing this gun against an STI or other double-stack metal-framed single-action handgun. The competitors may be slightly more expensive, especially when considering the cost of mags, but I don't see that deterring someone ready to drop $1700 on a handgun.

Furthermore, 3) in my experience these shooters are usually looking to move into limited or open, divisions in which the OZ9 is unlikely to be competitive (unless it can handle 9mm major, which it doesn't mention explicitly on their website). A double stack 1911 or CZ-75 pattern gun offers a lot more bang for the buck, here. It doesn't even look like you can order the OZ9 with a threaded barrel, either, so even if it can handle 9mm Major you have to splash out another $180-200 on a threaded barrel + comp to make it competitive for Open class. It does at least come optic ready, so there's that.

That's kinda of where I was going with it. It's a good start but I just don't think it is quite there yet. I would have released this version to show the potential of their modular system, and released a more affordable version for the masses.

Nothing wrong with showcasing your product, but even Salient had tiers to better accommodate shooters pocket books. IMO they may have missed a more lucrative market with this pistol in it current iteration.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-04-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Thank you for the article post- the details that caught my eye were: Steel “receiver”, 29 ounces, longer rails, lube/debris “reservoir”, and a redesigned trigger bar. “Frames” in other sizes are mentioned as forthcoming, and my understanding is that the “frame” is the grip module.

While I’d be more interested in an aluminum G19 receiver with inserted steel rails, that would be a greater technical risk, I’m impressed.

I do find myself taken by the gun, even if it doesn’t fit well into certain competive pistol classes. I hope that the seperate receiver/FCU design that we’re seeing here and in the Sig P320 become more common. A whole gun doubtlessly makes more money for a manufacturer than selling just the receivers/FCUs, but I am hoping for the day when serialized subcomponent sales become a market practice.

I really like this. Could be a little less flashy though.

As I understand it, Glock has standardized the Gen5 so that G17 and G19 slides and barrels use the same locking block. Is that right?

One thing I note with the ZEV is that it has a full length dust cover. I assume that means a G19 slide will not be compatible. It may have been smarter to use a Gen5 pattern and a shorter dust cover so the owner could switch from a longer to shorter top end.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    The hits just keep coming. Another new option into the handgun market. Trying to combine the glock and sig (FCU unit).

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-P...e-Black-Barrel
    I see...a cash grab.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

While I’d be more interested in an aluminum G19 receiver with inserted steel rails.. .
    Here is that option:

https://www.rainierarms.com/alpha-fo...luminum-frame/

I am pretty sure someone else is making an aluminum "chassis" with a removable plastic grip shell.

Another interesting option for those who want a Glock that's not a Glock is this:

https://www.buyzrodelta.com/product-...-0001-9990.htm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dasan the Korean manuafcturer has a similar 2011 approach to a GLOCK on display at IWA last year I wonder if they're related
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Does anyone have any updates to this?

I handled one the other day and didnt get to shoot it. I LOVED every single little bit about it. I found the ergo's to be fantastic. The gun pointed REALLY well, the trigger was fantastic and the machining was absolutely wonderful. I even loved the iron sights which apparently will cowitness (supposedly) with an rmr even at their low height due to the depth at which they machine their pocket for the RMR. Im not sure i buy that as the store didnt have an optic mounted but i guess we will see.

At 1700 bucks its too much for me. At the discounted LEO price...its EXTREMELY tempting. I just want more thoughts on this from people that are running the gun. Theoretically, at 29 ounces unloaded with the steel chassis this gun should shoot nice as hell.

User Tag List