Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellboy's new revolver

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Can we maybe try and not summon Cthulu on the forum?
    I can tolerate people doing unspeakable things with shovels, but summoning a Great Old One should be right out...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Much like a fine .600NE H&H double, this gun presents a horrible dilemma.

You will regret not shooting one if you have the chance, but if you shoot it, you will regret it.
    I shot some 140gr. @ 1400fps Federal .357 magnums out of my Scandium J-Frame once.

Once.

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I have a Vote for the Greater of All Evils - Cthulhu t-shirt, that I wore to matches during the election.

BTW, the Laundry Series of novels by Charles Stross has an British secret agency that fights the Great Old Ones. Presently, the USA government is in the process of being taken over by Cthulhu while the UK is in the hands of Nyarlathotep. The agency is trying to undo this.

Their issue sidearms are:

Glock 17s that are invisible to the nonmagical public for accidental CCW exposure and loaded with banishment rounds for various supernaturals.
    Cell phones that have a Basilisk app that if you take a picture of someone or thing, it turns carbon to silicon. So you are stone.
    Hands of Glory.

Pretty good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Can we maybe try and not summon Cthulu on the forum?
    Have you no sense of adventure?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Have you no sense of adventure?
    I left that in my other pants. My brown pants.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I shot some 140gr. @ 1400fps Federal .357 magnums out of my Scandium J-Frame once.

Once.

***Total thread derail alert***

A buddy of mine who is an experienced shooter has a "crazy Uncle". His starting loads are usually the top end loads in the manual, rocks and dynamite if you will. Crazy Uncle brings his .44 Mag to the range and hands it to my buddy to try it out. My buddy fires 1 round and puts it down. Uncle says he put 6 in so there's still 5 rounds left to fire. My buddy says "I fired it twice."

Uncle says "No, you only fired once!"

"No, I fired it twice. The first time and the LAST time!"
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    You need that PLUS blood and bile. Heard from a friend...
    I'm pretty sure that Vaquero would help you out with that too.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Bill Ruger Prescott wgah'nagl fhtagn...

I was at a range next to a guy and his girlfriend. He handed her an ultralight .357 snubby and stood smirking as she fired it. BOOM. Then she quietly said, "You asshole," put the gun down and walked out. I'm guessing that guy didn't get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

Once.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was at a range next to a guy and his girlfriend. He handed her an ultralight .357 snubby and stood smirking as she fired it. BOOM. Then she quietly said, "You asshole," put the gun down and walked out. I'm guessing that guy didn't get laid.
    After touching of a full power 357 in my J-frame it hurt my right hand so much I didn't get laid that evening either...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have a Vote for the Greater of All Evils - Cthulhu t-shirt, that I wore to matches during the election.

BTW, the Laundry Series of novels by Charles Stross has an British secret agency that fights the Great Old Ones. Presently, the USA government is in the process of being taken over by Cthulhu while the UK is in the hands of Nyarlathotep. The agency is trying to undo this.

Their issue sidearms are:

Glock 17s that are invisible to the nonmagical public for accidental CCW exposure and loaded with banishment rounds for various supernaturals.
    Cell phones that have a Basilisk app that if you take a picture of someone or thing, it turns carbon to silicon. So you are stone.
    Hands of Glory.

Pretty good stories.
    Check out the, “Sandman Slim,” series of books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List