Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does this sound reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I personally still don't think it's a good idea.......but I've yet to see anyone say anything that makes sense on why SFA's are okay but cocked and unlocked HK's aren't.

I'm not arguing for carrying cocked and unlocked....if anything, my bias would be using this as a way to argue against SFA. I'm a cretin and prefer TDA, both because I like it and also because of the larger margin of error for cretinous actions. I prefer to not carry SFA, just as I prefer to not carry cocked and unlocked.

Given that, I'm genuinely really really interested in someone throwing out something meaningful that makes sense. I'm not trying to troll. In the 80+ hours of formal handgun instruction I've had, no one has given a meaningful answer that makes sense.
    As a SFA carrier

The danger to me isnt the ND - at least not more danger than my SFA - the danger to me is that your training to not deactivate a safety on the draw stroke when the firearm has a safety, so if for some cretinous reason you leave the safety on in the holster your draw stroke doesn't deactivate it and you end up making a bad situation worse.

That is assuming that the weapon is drop safe - which I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    As a SFA carrier

the danger to me is that your training to not deactivate a safety on the draw stroke when the firearm has a safety, so if for some cretinous reason you leave the safety on in the holster your draw stroke doesn't deactivate it and you end up making a bad situation worse.
    I have this same concern with the idea of carrying a DA/SA or DAO gun with the safety off. If the manual safety is undesireable get a gun without a manual safety. I don't, however, think that a "cocked and un-locked" HK is any more prone to AD/ND.

User Tag List