Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this sound reasonable

Ok so that video was tex grebner shooting himself in the leg. If you are thinking of carrying this thing in single action, without the safety engaged, that is a bad, bad, bad idea.

Technically if your finger stays off the trigger you would be fine, but it just doesn't seem smart to me.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    If you are thinking of carrying this thing in single action, without the safety engaged, that is a bad, bad, bad idea.
    So why is a PPQ, P99QA, Glock, M&P, XD, ect, safe to carry?

Maybe it's a measurable difference, but there's no appreciable difference in weight or trigger travel between those and a cocked USP/P-Series that I've ever felt.

I've asked a lot of people this question, and the best answer I got was from a former cop who was issued a Glock, who said, "Perception of safety created by Glock's marketing."

It must be my failing memory. But the single action on the p series guns I've messed with felt pretty light. If I am out of line than I do apologize. I do however think it's a good idea to use a weapon in the manner it was intended to be used.
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

How would an HK differ from a Glock in this instance? My DA/SA P30 has a longer pull and heavier pull than a Glock whether its decocked or not.

Safe gun handling, IMO, is mainly between the ears and secondarily the equipment choice, which comes from between the ears in the first place, no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Think you just clarified as I was typing JConn.

Quote Originally Posted by JConn View Post
    It must be my failing memory. But the single action on the p series guns I've messed with felt pretty light. If I am out of line than I do apologize. I do however think it's a good idea to use a weapon in the manner it was intended to be used.
    It's in the neighborhood of 4-5lbs.

I would danger that most SFA's that people carry are in the neighborhood of 5-6lbs.

Here comes that key word I used: Appreciable. Measurable difference? Yes. Appreciably?
    Last edited by TGS; 03-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.

I personally don't see why people get in a hubbub about cocked and unlocked with a USP or P-series, because their SA triggers don't have appreciably less trigger travel than a Glock, M&P or PPQ anyway. But, it's generally considered a no-no to carry cocked and unlocked. Even cocked, the USP will still have an active FPB like your other modern service pistols.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    It's in the neighborhood of 4-5lbs.

I would danger that most SFA's that people carry are in the neighborhood of 5-6lbs.

Here comes that key word I used: Appreciable. Measurable difference? Yes. Appreciably?
    I think i love you man, my ppq trigger is definetly lighter and less travel than the hk in sa, as such im perfectly happy carrying it cocked and unlocked as long long as the FPB is still in affect. i believe that it would actually be harder to set off the hk cocked and unlocked than ppq. and so long as its still drop safe than thats how ill carry it

Quote Originally Posted by digiadaamore View Post

I think i love you man, my ppq trigger is definetly lighter and less travel than the hk in sa, as such im perfectly happy carrying it cocked and unlocked as long long as the FPB is still in affect. i believe that it would actually be harder to set off the hk cocked and unlocked than ppq. and so long as its still drop safe than thats how ill carry it
    I personally still don't think it's a good idea.......but I've yet to see anyone say anything that makes sense on why SFA's are okay but cocked and unlocked HK's aren't.

I'm not arguing for carrying cocked and unlocked....if anything, my bias would be using this as a way to argue against SFA. I'm a cretin and prefer TDA, both because I like it and also because of the larger margin of error for cretinous actions. I prefer to not carry SFA, just as I prefer to not carry cocked and unlocked.

Given that, I'm genuinely really really interested in someone throwing out something meaningful that makes sense. I'm not trying to troll. In the 80+ hours of formal handgun instruction I've had, no one has given a meaningful answer that makes sense.

Give that HK an LEM.

HKs love LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I personally still don't think it's a good idea.......but I've yet to see anyone say anything that makes sense on why SFA's are okay but cocked and unlocked HK's aren't.

I'm not arguing for carrying cocked and unlocked....if anything, my bias would be using this as a way to argue against SFA. I'm a cretin and prefer TDA, both because I like it and also because of the larger margin of error for cretinous actions. I prefer to not carry SFA, just as I prefer to not carry cocked and unlocked.

Given that, I'm genuinely really really interested in someone throwing out something meaningful that makes sense. I'm not trying to troll. In the 80+ hours of formal handgun instruction I've had, no one has given a meaningful answer that makes sense.
    I'm with you on this. Murphy is an omnipresent trickster and I've never understood how SFAs are considered safer.

User Tag List