Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steel Frame Walter Q5 Match

Oh man that looks really sweet. Finally a striker fired all metal competition gun. Too bad this will not be legal in USPSA as a production gun. This looks like it’s going to be an expensive year for my “hobby”.
    Last edited by Dismas316; 01-01-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Any idea if this will suffer from the same internal problems you referenced on the Walther products you had?
    I would be very surprised if it was any different in that regard. (I'm assuming you're referring to the mallet of @Enel?) The advertising language seems to indicate that the fire control mechanism is the same as the Q5, which is the same as the PPQ. Given that this pistol appears to be as close to purely competition-oriented as is possible, I don't personally see that as a huge problem. If your pistol is suffering significant impacts that could drop the striker between "make ready" and the timer's beep, there's something very funny going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Too bad this will not be legal in USPSA as a production gun.
    Do you know something I don't? The listed dimensions fit inside the Production box, and in a quick look at my rule book, I couldn't find a rule in the appendix defining Production division's rules that would prohibit it. Seems like as long as Walther produces 2000 of them and submits the model to USPSA for the Production list, it would be legal...?

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Any idea if this will suffer from the same internal problems you referenced on the Walther products you had?
    No idea. I have heard, but not personally confirmed, that Walther increased sear engagement on 2018 pistols, with a corresponding heavier trigger pull as a by product of that change.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns...h-steel-frame/

I am going to post a thread later in the Competition section looking for advise on building a Carry Optics gun....
    Doesn’t need a whole thread. On a Q5, bolt on an optic, get some 140mm magazine extensions, and go compete. If you want a Q5 for CO, pm me for a buddy deal as I have a number hanging around.

I like the Q5/PPQ, but I prefer the VP9 more for its longer grip and different shape to the rear corner of the frame that buggers the base of my thumb.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Okay, I'm in.

The Q5 never fit me hand or I'd have 2, but the new SF model? Looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Do you know something I don't? The listed dimensions fit inside the Production box, and in a quick look at my rule book, I couldn't find a rule in the appendix defining Production division's rules that would prohibit it. Seems like as long as Walther produces 2000 of them and submits the model to USPSA for the Production list, it would be legal...?
    Your right, I was thinking with the magwell but removing it solves that problem and getting it on the list/approved would just take a little time (few months I’m guessing).

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Your right, I was thinking with the magwell but removing it solves that problem and getting it on the list/approved would just take a little time (few months I’m guessing).

There are two skus initially. One without a mag well and a PRo with a magwell that requires the use of Aluminum +2 base plates.

The way the frame is shaped under the beavertail, it looks as if they may have beveled off the edge that bonks the base of my thumb on the PPQ. Might be worth a look for a gamer rig.

Site Supporter
    Why is that guy dressed like Beach head from gi Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Why is that guy dressed like Beach head from gi Joe?
    Lol. I would say “that guy” can dress however the heck he wants to. I will still listen to what he has to say.

Guessing it’s probably tough to find a holster for one of these guns.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 02-02-2019 at 09:44 AM.

User Tag List