Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steel Frame Walter Q5 Match

I wish the reviewer just showed us the pistol without sound. He was terrible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's excellent. Finally, a manufacturer gets serious about a striker fired gun for USPSA/IPSC. I like the Q5, but it really doesn't fit my hand. There's a sharp edge on the bottom of the trigger guard that hits the knuckle of my strong hand middle finger. If that were fixed, I could be happy shooting it.

For the last couple of years, I've been suggesting to folks at Sig that they make a steel gripframe for the p320... How easy would that be to make from a casting, and clean up with CNC? Walther did it first, and hopefully there will be some movement from other companies now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks. I watched it on mute.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-01-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

That’s pretty slick. I rented a Q5 for giggles once last year and it seemed like quite the well made pistol. If I were in the market for something striker fired I would have been looking at either Walther or CZ. Them getting this serious in the shooting sports would have taken the cake for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that looks like it would be one really sweet shooter! I'd like to try one.

But I do have to wonder. The grip looks pretty significantly different from the polymer Q5. Enough so that it seems to deserve a different name. I could potentially see some folks shooting one or the other really well but not necessarily both. I know it's not that important, just can't help wondering why keep the Q5 name?

Indeed. This sums up 99% of “gun review” videos out there.

A bunch of poorly worded, subjective, table top nonsense or worse the basic specs reread over a track of an unskilled shooter telling me how great this gun is after his positive experience of 50 rounds.

Interesting - it's basically a pound heavier than a standard P99/PPQ, and almost a pound heavier than the Q5. Looks pretty sweet. FYI, waltherarms.com has a giveaway contest for one on its product page if anybody here is interested.

Just noticed I misspelled the title. Oops.

I wish the reviewer just ...
    Any idea if this will suffer from the same internal problems you referenced on the Walther products you had?

https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns...h-steel-frame/

I am going to post a thread later in the Competition section looking for advise on building a Carry Optics gun....

User Tag List