Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    So guy that helped develop it said it wasn’t flawed. Check
    The bigger issue is that, in my perception of things, is that it appeared BG knew about all of the issues but defended his position that there wasn’t a problem - this goes the same for SIGs leadership as well - seemed everyone knew but wanted to downplay the issue. Again, this is how I perceived it from all of my reading.

Drop in Short Reset for HK

So Gray Guns replaces the control latch. I cannot see it affecting drop safety in the LEM or TDA variant without being grossly out of spec. The spring for the FPB may, but it appears to be the same one they/Lazy Wolf have been using for a while.

I have some on order to try in a TDA P30L and an LEM P30L.
    Last edited by Coyote41; 01-01-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    The bigger issue is that, in my perception of things, is that it appeared BG knew about all of the issues but defended his position that there wasn’t a problem - this goes the same for SIGs leadership as well - seemed everyone knew but wanted to downplay the issue. Again, this is how I perceived it from all of my reading.
    Yea that’s maybe not so good.

Tell the truth or at least don’t lie is a good guideline.

That said. Who hasn’t defended their own position on a issue knowing full well they may be wrong ?

No excuses being made. Just saying. Throwing bullets is a serious deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    So Gray Guns replaces the control latch. I cannot see it affecting drop safety in the LEM or TDA variant without being grossly out of spec. The spring for the FPB may, but it appears to be the same one they/Lazy Wolf have been using for a while.

I have some on order to try in a TDA P30L and an LEM P30L.
    Whether in an aircraft or in a firearm, part changes can bring with them intended and unintended/unanticipated changes. Manufacturers do testing, that hopefully catches most problems, but it is end users, especially the early adopters, that catch many of the arrows. On a game gun, where increments of performance matter and the downside is pretty minimal, I would be all over something like this. For my use, not a chance I would be their product tester.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

About this short reset...on the V4.1 kit, I’ve heard that it kicks the hammer back away from the slide just a bit, compared to where it sits on a stock V1 model. I’m curious if this GGI kit does the same, or does the hammer rest as deep in the slide as the stock V1?

About leaving your HK stock, I can understand that. We have two M11 A-1’s, and we sent both back to Sig for their AEP, due to the triggers being very heavy, and very gritty! The results of the action work was a huge improvement for sure, and I’m glad we had it done.
    I bought one of the new Talo Classic Carry 226’s, which was to be my carry gun, and after hearing about how nice the GGI trigger kits (P-PAK) were, I decided to send it to them for the full kit and action job. The stock trigger wasn’t too bad, but I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about, and I have to say it’s nice. Fast forward a bit, and we’ve dove into the HK pool, with a new P30sk for her, and a P30 for me, both V1, and I can’t see any reason at this point, to have any trigger work done on either of these pistols, since the LEM triggers are excellent right out of the box, despite having a much longer reset than our Sigs.

We both love the HK’s at this point, but it’ll be interesting to see if people really like this kit.

I don't know how much this drop-in kit is different from what GGI used to do in-house, but the latter doesn't change hammer's position.

Likewise, I don't know if this drop-in kit affects reliability of a gun in any different way than the in-house work did, but my P30 has gone some 25,000 rounds without any problems.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Um, I'm actually pretty pleased with the OEM resets on both my P30L w/V1 LEM, and my VP40;.not quite as short as on my Glocks, but decent enough for me to be reluctant to screw with 'em, especially with aftermarket components...
    Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't know how much this drop-in kit is different from what GGI used to do in-house, but the latter doesn't change hammer's position.

Likewise, I don't know if this drop-in kit affects reliability of a gun in any different way than the in-house work did, but my P30 has gone some 25,000 rounds without any problems.
    If 50 customer guns each went 25,000 rounds with the new part, I would feel pretty good about the new part, but it wouldn’t start to approach the fleet reliability of the HK USP. I am reminded of the story of the secretary from Federal Cartridges contacting HK to see if they should send their .45 ammo testing USP in for some initial PM. HK CS person says perhaps it isn’t necessary yet, so how many rounds are on the pistol? Some rustling of papers and she comes back and says “279,000 rounds have been fired.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

279K...holy shit! I’m surprised they didn’t offer to buy that back as a promotion piece, along with the documentation to support it.

There was a time I was all about the reset. Today, reset doesn’t matter. Shortening the trigger return is something more I’d be interested in.

Also, I read some of the statements by BG when drop gate was ongoing. It’s soured (Sauer’d?) my opinion a bit.

User Tag List