Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Drop in Short Reset for HK

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    2. I got the sear to have a stock one available to replace if the kit does indeed fail.
    Good plan.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I got it in there. When I do the range test I'll upload the part of the video where I installed the Sear pin to be 100% on the level.

Also good thing I'm resourceful, it wasn't difficult to extract with about 3 solid hits. I put the jenky end into the sear so the engagement with the rest of the internals will be solid and complete. But everything went smoothly overall.

Kitchen table gunsmith for the win!!

Name:  20190116_191319.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  48.2 KB

I finished the install today in a V3 P30L. I have to admit, I was impressed. The reset was obviously shortened and so is the distance needed to return to the SA "wall". It feels good. The difference is very noticeable to me. If I hadnt already been told it reduced the reset by 1/3, Id have guessed 1/2.

I took it to the range and fired 200 rounds with zero problems. I can't think of any reasons why there would be any long term issues. Worth the $$ IMO.

Now that the GG short reset kit has been out for a while, anyone else get a chance to install and test it out?

I was able to get another brief range session in. I'm at about 500 rounds fired with the kit installed. Zero malfunctions or issues of any kinds. Im impressed.

I used to really notice the trigger reset, both during slow and rapid fire, not anymore though. My rapid fire groups seem to be smaller in diameter and faster as well.

OKAY!

I put 150 rounds through it. By no means does this call it good. I'm going to continue to put rounds through it obviously and I did plan on more rounds.....things happen. What I was able to do is shoot it back to back with my HK45, P30L V1, and HK USP9SD with a mostly match trigger kit in it. 150 rounds doesn't make me an authority on this trigger, but I have about 6000 rounds on the P30 platform through all of the P30s I own/owned. So an improved trigger will be easily spotted.

First off I really like the kit and it hasn't given me any issues. I really has increased my speed and slightly cleaned up my follow up shot accuracy in quick shot strings. Slow fire is obviously not a factor. Based on the pistols I compared it to, I will say it is now it is a c hair away from the HK45 trigger. The USP9 SD was close also, but the reset is more authoritative in the HK45's and P30s. I will say the P30L V1 had a longer reset, but the trigger flowed easier as an LEM with the longer reset vs a stock V3. .

I really like this kit, and it does some hard changes vs cutting springs. Which makes me happier for sure. I will say I'm still pissed at Gray guns for the price and lack of nomenclature on the kit. It made me look pretty fucking stupid, and I hate looking stupid lol. But in all honesty I would feel much better at the $60-75 price point. But they're also competing against themselves, so that explains the $100 price point. They evaluated the cost of the parts as they would install them, then factored how many trigger jobs this would cost them. Because there's lots of dudes out there like me that want to drop something in and not lose their gun for months to get something back with possibly less reliability due to competition parts.

Gray guns still up to their antics, but they did good with this kit SO FAR. I reserve the right to change my mind as the round count increases. I will be taking it out again exclusively here soon. And I plan to take it, and the P30L V1 as a back up if it fails, to a class (500-600 rounds). We'll see how she performs. So far, if it holds up I'll be smitten like a kitten in a mitten. IT gave me what I was looking for without changing spring weights (yes I know the LFBS, but that doesn't really count ((I also didn't notice a real difference in performance after installing it btw)).

Any updates or observations on this?
    Taking a break from social media.

I've had a back-in-stock alert set for the p2000 version of the kit since day two of this thread. I just double checked and it's still on the website, out of stock. There was so much bad initial press here and on HKPro that I'm wondering if they are radically redesigning it or quietly discontinued it altogether and haven't pulled it from the website.

Gray Guns used to be one of those buy first ask questions later companies like JMCK or Apex, shame

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    I've had a back-in-stock alert set for the p2000 version of the kit since day two of this thread. I just double checked and it's still on the website, out of stock. There was so much bad initial press here and on HKPro that I'm wondering if they are radically redesigning it or quietly discontinued it altogether and haven't pulled it from the website.

Gray Guns used to be one of those buy first ask questions later companies like JMCK or Apex, shame
    Was it:

Faulty parts
    Missing instructions
    Over promised performance
    Installer error

From my observations, the missing instructions seemed to be the sticking point. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Was it:

Faulty parts
    Missing instructions
    Over promised performance
    Installer error

From my observations, the missing instructions seemed to be the sticking point. Am I missing something?
    Honestly I simply noticed a couple guns go tits up and figure I'll wait to see how the next batch goes for those customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    Honestly I simply noticed a couple guns go tits up and figure I'll wait to see how the next batch goes for those customers.
    Hmmm, wonder what caused the issues. Would they have failed if proper instructions were provided? Not defending GG, as I have zero products from them. The whole drop gate thing is another issue. I have a number of Sig products I really want to buy, but simply will not give them money.

User Tag List